Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Volts and Dehumidifier

Two questions for those more experienced than me. We just returned from a 3 month trip to the west coast and into Canada. Along the way we did some dry camping for a few days at a time to improve our skills in that department. My question is... My ri...

Onan 5500 fuel pump not priming

Hello everyone...love to hear your feedback. I have a Georgie boy Landau 2005 with a 5500 onan generator. The generator was having problems starting so I took the RV to a repair shop and one test they ran was spraying carburetor or fuel cleaner in...

Rsnawder by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Genset randomly cutting out. Solved '06 Ford 6.8L

This issue was found and solved on my RV.The genset would crank and run flawlessly, for a random period of time. Perhaps between 2 hrs, sitting in the drive way and 30 minutes on the road. I did run it in the driveway for 4 hours once, and thought ...

Water softener

We purchased a water softener and a separate carbon water filter for outside our unit. Which hooks up to the water source first?

Electricity? Never touch the stuff

I'm hiring an electrician to run a 50 amp line at my daughter's house for my RV. I only need 50amps because I have two A/C units. It's a 30' toy hauler. No W/D hookups. Everything is 110 (I believe). Having a difficult time telling the electrician ex...

L8173 by Explorer
  • 54 replies
  • 0 likes

Converter Consumption

I know that there is no such thing as "Average usage", but has anyone measured how much electricity is required to operate their converter? My guess is about one kilowatt per day. I can charge my house battery with one of my solar setups if it will ...

TomG2 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Samlex 300 Watt Inverter vs Canon Copier

Haven't connected the printer to the Samlex until I have better information.I remember connecting a HP 4 laser printer to a Trace 800 and plenty of batteries and it drew something like 75 amps when starting the print cycle.Well, this isn't a laser pr...

Battery charger recommendations

I am looking for suggestions for a battery charger that I will need this winter for my ice fishing house. I will have 3 group 27 batteries on a 12 Volt inverter running my TV, satalit tv, a couple LED lights and a ceiling fan. I don't want to break t...

mrad by Explorer II
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

smaller roof AC

My old camper had a window unit (from factory), it was small so my Ryobi 2200 inv generator would start and run it just fine.My current ac is a 13500 roof unit, that will not start with the gen, even with a SPP6 Hard Start capacitor installed.My AC i...

ajriding by Explorer II
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

Residential Refrigerator

The fifth wheel we like comes with a residential refrigerator that uses electricity only. We dry camp and would need to have it switched to a 2 way one. Has anyone had this done?

Lucyc858 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

adding 2nd air on 30 amp system

I replaced my 135k AC with a 15k unit this summer. I took the 135k that came with my unit and placed it in the rear of the motor home and ran its own 30 amp service with breaker. Works great. Used it in Las Vegas last week end and it kept my rv nice ...

Rhigley by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Norcold fridge not cooling

We have a Solitude, Grand Design 36' fifth wheel with a Norcold 4 door refrigerator. We are living in the trailer due to being in the middle of moving. Currently I am 1200 miles away from the trailer and have been told that the fridge has quit coolin...

tporter by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Inverter with 50 amp service

I'm trying to get this sorted out in my head. I'm looking at the Go Power IC-2000 for my new travel trailer. It's a Torque t314 and has 50 amp service. The IC-2000 has a 50 amp type transfer switch with 2 hot legs in and 2 out. I believe it will ...

RSD559 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

8' high manual vent and fan

We just bought the Torque T314 bumper pull toy hauler listed in our signature. In the kitchen, the vent above the cooking area is about 8 1/2 feet off the ground. During the walk through, I asked the "Director of Fun" (one of the partners), to open...

RSD559 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Waste valve extension rod

Need to replace black tank extension rod. All replacements I see are threaded. Mine have a pin in it. Can’t find one that looks the same. Will the threaded one work? Thanks!