Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

More Refrigerator Issues - Propane

Our refrigerator is not switching to propane when shore power is disconnected. Doesn't appear to work on generator power either althugh I haven't fully checked that out. We are leaving Belelvue, NE on Tuesday heading to Denver. 600 mile trip with ...

Gendirect extended run kit for Champion generators.

OK I bought this kit for my Champion 3500/4000 digital inverter genset, tho it should have worked on the non-inverter model too since they have the same fuel cap. This is what I'm talking about. I emailed the seller before hand to check if it would w...

agesilaus by Explorer III
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

VEC 1093 fan

I have a VEC 1093 battery charger with a fan that sounds like it is on it's last legs. What fan should I replace it with? Is there another model that lasts longer? Where can I get a replacement? What is the best way to connect the new fan electricall...

waynefi by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

awning protective tape

Many retailers are selling a 8 inch wide vinyl tape that sticks to the awning to protect it, including Camping World, Walmart, etc. (see links below). I can't find any reviews on this stuff, though it -seems- like a good idea. Has anyone used it? ...

Timeking by Explorer
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

12 Volt Lithium Battery Individual Cell Regulator

This looks interesting. I wonder if they can be paralleled for larger batteries. The price is certainly reasonable.https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lithium-Battery-Charger-Protection-Board-BMS-Li-ion-Charging-Module-3S-10A-12V-/142341287021?_trksid=p2349526....

Wired Rear View Camera ??

Dear Friends ... Have an older RV that came with a RVS Camera System. However, in need of input from our Forum Family. The RVS camera system appears to be in need of a replacement. A few questions, if you will?The current system is a wired system. Ne...

Solar Controller Battery Draw Amount?

This is a confused sort of post because I am confused. I was trying to get to the minimum amps for knowing when my AGMs were truly full and to do that I tried to get all the other draws down to near zip as possible. I was even looking at how the Tri...

BFL13 by Explorer II
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Dometic RM46E Gas Starting Trouble

The Dometic RM46E - three way refrigerator in our trailer has been having trouble lately getting started. The last couple trips we took, we pulled it out into the street where it was somewhat level like we always do and tried to start it several tim...

Loose rivet in Kwikee steps(SOLUTION)

I have a set of Series #32 Kwikee Steps on my rig, the bottom left side drops significantly more than the right side when you step on them. I have found that the top step on the left side has a loose rivet(see photo A). I believe that the body of t...

maximum dc voltage output Magnum 3012 with remote

Hi,I was toying with my charge voltages. I wanted to try 15.4. When I set 15.4 on the remote it did not get above 14.7 volts. The bank was fairly full so it was only doing between 8 and 10 amps of charging.Does anyone know the maximum dc output volta...

Unsure about battery disconnect panel in RV

Heya I currently live in an RV that sits next to a house and is plugged into the houses power. There is a panel that says Battery Disconnect that looks like this:Both are on right now, but pressing the coach button up or down does nothing, the light ...

bum4evr by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

running lights wont go out

Have a 2008 Tiffin Phaeton. This morning noticed all the night running lights were on. Checked light switch..seems to be ok, headlights and taillights go off and on. But cannot get running lights to go off unless I shut off the main chassis power to ...

Sunsaver 20L blinking lights?

I have a Sunsaver 20 L for solar charge controller. The lights are blinking right to left - red, yellow, green. Also the other red light stays on, which should be green when everything is good.I only have 12.2 volts showing, it should be higher, ma...

ajriding by Explorer II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

HF Battery testers

I have a bunch of car/truck batteries sitting around in my shop and I want to test them so I can recycle the bad ones and use the good ones for a rare non-electric-hookup 3 day campout with our TT.I am looking at two Harbor Freight battery testers:1)...

subcamper by Explorer II
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Trojan SCS 200 Equilazation Follow Up

I posted this a while back:"What power supply current capacity would be required to equalize a single Trojan SCS 200 (Gr 27) 12V battery @ recommended 16.1 VDC?"Since that post our trailer was at the dealer on two occasions For a total of three month...