Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Need Awning Advice

My awning is a mess and I need to replace it. The roof and the awning create a valley where debris accumulates and rots my awning. Got any ideas how I can prevent this with the new awning?

Inverter putting out 98 volts

I'm using a power line cigarette lighter plugin style inverter for inside the cab, running my computer and periodically, for a 32 inch tv for tailgating. I have never checked the voltage until today and was surprised at how low it was. Is this norm...

tealboy by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

NEW SUBURBAN OVEN MYSTERY?

On May 15 2017 I took delivery of a Suburban oven/stove combo Moedl #5206A. It is a new unit purchased on Amazon . It was delivered in a box with no packing material or owners manual. It appeared new as it had covers on all stove burners and LP co...

Oasisbob by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Foggy Window Repair

Looking for a firm in Arkansas that repairs or replaces foggy windows. Used to see them advertised in the RV magazines, but can't find them now.Thanks

Critique proposed solar battery upgrade

Currently have a Jayco hybrid (Jayfeather 26L) but moving to a Denali 5th wheel in the spring (2012 DE324LBS).Currently have 4 Trojan T125’s with 600 watts of solar, with a Kisae 2000 watt pure sine inverter, we primarily dry camp.Plan for ‘new’ trai...

phemens by Explorer
  • 59 replies
  • 0 likes

Jensen Stereo Install

I'm trying to replace the Jensen #AWM975 entertainment package that came with my 2013 Arctic Fox with a new Jensen #JWM6A package. I'm fairly handy but wiring always was my week subject. I have a number of questions if anyone has the patience to help...

Plugging in to the Generator?

New to using a generator and while shopping I did notice that some, not many, come with a 30 amp connector that my RV would connect to but most have the standard duplex receptacles. Do I just plug in the the 110 with an adaptor to run the AC? THANKS

barko1 by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Landing Gear 30 amp fuse

After market remote system installed on camper with 3 different control panels, 2 remote key pads. Each panel controls 2 sections. The forward section controls the landing gear jacks and fwd bed slide. Upon purchasing used from Camping World (used of...

Main slide leaks. Difficulty getting warranty action

Background is I have a 2017 Salem Hemisphere 312QBUD. We purchased this rig in May of 2016. Since day one we have had a leak in the main living room slide out. The slide leaks in the upper, outside front corner. Water comes into the cupboard above th...

epfd217 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

RV Plug Replacement Physical Size

I just replaced my molded 50A male plug with a Camco 55255 plug that is larger in all 3 dimensions. Has anyone had issues with CG pedestal boxes due to the larger plug size? The pedestal lid not closing due to the handle height doesn't seem like a is...

5th wheel slide out adjustment

I recently did some repairs to my slide out. I had to unbolt the slides in order to acomplish this. I have completed my repairs and reconnected the slides. Now I cannot get the slide out adjusted properly. I can get it to fully close or to fully ...

Tesla Battery Gossip cut n paste

As Florida residents fled Hurricane Irma over the weekend, some Tesla owners got a little surprise from the auto maker to help them get out of the danger zone.On Saturday, Tesla began pushing a software update that increased the battery capacity of s...