Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

DC power

I'm having an issue with my DC power and I began to notice the issue when I got an error message on my frig. I am currently living in a RV park and connected to power. Then the lights started going dim and the panel showed only one light. Then the lo...

AnnieL by Explorer
  • 40 replies
  • 0 likes

Truck pulls to side when braking and pulling my trailer

Earlier this year I changed from a 26' 5th wheel to a 24' regular trailer. When towing the RV, I apply the brakes and the truck wants to pull to the left and sometimes to the right. When going slow the steering wheel turns very hard to the left. T...

RayJay3 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Refrigerator Not Cooling

Not sure what to do next - turned on propane Sunday to begin chilling the fridge. Confirmed the propane was running by igniting burner on stove. Arrived at RV storage on Tuesday to discover that refrigerator not chilled. Went ahead and loaded food, w...

Tow Feature on Ford E450

I have a 2006 E450 V10, 6.8L model ford 26'Jamboree. It has a "Tow" feature on steering wheel arm. My first time pulling a 2006 liberty behind RV. Question, Is anyone familar with this feature and when would you be using it? All the time, just going ...

Kennyg by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Shocks?

I posted back in Oct 2014 concerning my tire wear. Here is the link:http://www.irv2.com/forums/f116/your-thoughts-on-my-tires-223666.htmlpic here: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f116/shocks-266051.htmlI moved two of the 2013 original tires, which appeare...

Class C nosecone brackets loose from fiberglass,again.

Itasca Cambria, front nosecone doesn't have a bed but an entertainment center. There are 5 brackets riveted to the roof of the "truck cab" of the coach which are then fastenedto the fiberglass nosecone. One of the brackets came loose again from the f...

LED turn signal lights

I have a 2012 E450 ford rv. Have heard that sometimes using LED turn lights can affect the ABS brake system. I was wondering if anyone has had this problem on 2012 E450 ford or it is not a problem. I have check relay and seems to be a heavy duty one ...

mdv by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Fixed my "Warm" hot water

The "hot" water in my Cherokee 19RR was warm at best. Regardless of using the electric or gas to heat it.I finally lifted up the mattress and located the hot water heater valves under a removable panel.Sure enough, the bypass valve was open. Mixing c...

Adding a battery charge line...

After 2 nights at Yellowstone my coach battery went dead. Checked for voltage from the starting battery with the engine running and the volt meter connected to the positive lead of the coach battery (after disconnecting it from the coach battery and...

24 volt battery bank?

Other than needing to use a DC-DC converter for the 12 volt system, what problems would there be in going with a 24 volt battery bank for a custom rig?The reason for this is that Magnum Energy has a PSW hybrid inverter which can run up to 4000 watts,...

mlts22 by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

LCI 6 point leveling system

One of the selling points of the LCI 6 point leveling system is it will return to the hook up position when the correct buttons are pushed. Great idea for a 5th wheel.Mine has never done that. It gives a message that this function is disabled.Anyon...

CJW8 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Reverse Polarity Fuses Circuit Question

Ok fellow scientists What is so special about the reverse polarity fuse circuit in a converter compared with just having a fuse on the positive output wire?I yanked the 7355 from the trailer to put in the truck camper, and that means it is now lik...

BFL13 by Explorer II
  • 38 replies
  • 0 likes

House/motor home battery

when I take the negative side of the motor home battery off I still have power to the cab? Even if I have the house battery turned off. What do I need to look for on this. The reason I pulled the neg.off the truck side is because it keeps killing my ...

Rhigley by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes