Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Heater

Again my daughter brought this TT..and the guy she brought it from had a propane heater inside. She asked why..and he said one time he turned it on and it started smoking..Does that sound like a short and could it be repaired?(Thank goodness I have a...

Mounting TV on side of RV

I purchased the mount linked below:http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/home/home-electronics/tvs-accessories/wall-mounts/sky-shelf-fixed-flat-panel-mount-0450625p.html?utm_campaign=bazaarvoice&utm_medium=SearchVoice&utm_source=AskAndAnswer&utm_content=Defa...

Gas oven won't stay lit..

We have a 2014 salem 29ud3, the gas burner or pilot for the oven will not stay lit. It will light and stay lit for 10 to 15 minutes and go out. Any ideas?? Thanks..

Dometic Automatic Refrigerator Temperature Control

Our "new to us" motor home has a Dometic RM2652 frig installed. On our first trip we noticed that the frig will run continually and freeze everything. I tried moving the thermistor down to no avail. Is there any aftermarket product to install to corr...

tedp by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Trailer brake controller ?

What does the red stop light wire do on a trailer brake controller? I helped wire in a brake controller on a buddy's Toyota pickup and it workes fine but I'm wondering exactly what the stop light wire does hooked into the cold side of the brake pedal...

RV Converter

Daughter brought a traillight TT and the converter isn't charging the battery. The previous owner said he used to attach a battery charger to the battery cables so the 12V would work in the RV. So she knew there was an issue. My brother gave her a co...

will solar keep the batteries charged

I had my fifth-wheel in for service and they kept it for over 8 weeks (another story). There was no electricity hooked up, so the batteries ran out. My question is this. If I had, say a 150 Watt solar panel on the roof, and there was no use of the ...

rbp111 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Using 50 amp with 30 amp adapter?

If a 30 amp connection on an electrical post on a camp site is not working properly is it safe to use an electrical adapter and connect my rv to the 50 amp? Just want to be sure since I have never done this.

Different Tire Issue (I think)

I am on my second F250. Can't give details (weights etc)on the first one. This one came with General Grabber HST LT 245/75R 17 LR E. Max wt 3195lb. Other one had General Grabber LR E also. On the first one, I was cruising down the road and one ...

Dave_H_M by Explorer
  • 35 replies
  • 0 likes

Jacking Front of Fifth Wheel

I need to jack up the front of my fiver slightly and need to know if the support structure between the two front jacks will support the weight if I spread the load with a 4X4? Thanks for your help!

Proximity of gas can to van exhaust?

Should I be concerned about this? It seems like I should, but I have not seen anyone mention it. Maybe because it is obvious? How close is too close? What about genny exhaust?Talking about a plastic gas can with gasoline in it, here, and driving do...

Naio by Explorer
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

Installing (6) 6volt Batteries - Is My Wiring Diagram OK

I previously posted a question regarding installing (4) 6Volt batteries in my 30’ class A MH…..smkettner was most helpful in dialing it in to make it work. I come back to the forum for additional help after spending 2 weeks in the boondocks. I found ...

Racorman by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

How to grease landing leg worm gears?

This post (link) about a failed landing leg worm gear got me to thinking about the maintenance needed by fifth wheel landing legs. Mine are made by Atwood, and the maintenance in the Atwood manual is minimal:"2. ONCE EACH YEAR:a. Extend landing legs...

RVhiker by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

AC left on?!

I'm really worried now that I got home and discovered that the thermostat was set to "on". Could the AC have kicked on while we towed? Could this have damaged the unit?While I'm at it, why does my propane detector beep as if disconnected from power...

acritzer by Explorer II
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes