cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lippert TT Leveling System issues

JDsdogs
Nomad II
Nomad II

We recently purchased a trailer with a Lippert TT Leveling system.

We have been running RV’s in one form or another for over 4 decades, all have had manual leveling systems. This is our first with an “automatic Leveling system”. Not something I would have ordered, but it was already installed. 

Either one of two things, one, the abilities of this system are greatly exaggerated, or two, I’m not bright enough to operate it properly. At the time of the purchase walk through, we were shown to turn on the power, hit auto level, not move inside the trailer and it automatically leveled. Of course this was on a paved, level lot. 

In the manual I had to download off the internet, under features it claims; “Fast, accurate automatic electric leveling”. Baloney!  I had stronger language in mind but thought I’d keep it family friendly. Unless you are already on level ground, it doesn’t work. I could understand it not being up to the task if it were  6 or more inches off level. I park the trailer in the same place we parked our Class A motor home for 2 decades.  To get the Motor Home level in this spot we had to raise which ever corner was to the SW, 2 inches .  We attempt to level the trailer with the  supposed automatic system and it does all kinds of strange things.  And yes, we have done the complete factory reset of the system multiple times as well as the “zero point” set. On a couple of occasions, when the system finally stopped, the wheels on the right side of the trailer are totally off the ground and the forward/left jack pad is totally off the ground. Took the trailer back to the dealer and they checked it out to find that 2 of the jack plugs were switched at the control board. Thought, that should do it.  Nope, same thing, different day. 

The only way we can make this work is to let the system get all the jacks on the ground, turn off the system power, turn it on and go into manual mode in the menu. There, with the help of a bullet level, minor adjustments get us to level. Is this common with this system, or do I have a bad/damaged unit?  Or is this about as good as these things work?

17 REPLIES 17

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator

I

@JDsdogs wrote:

or two, I’m not bright enough to operate it properly. 

I'm going to go with this one, Just kidding, there ids a learning curve, the biggest being to know how much blocking to put down, and where, also knowing how to set up the front jacks so you don't overstroke the system.  on realy unlevel sites it will lift a tire off the ground if it has to to get level, no big deal these arnt you little corner stabalizing jacks.  I have one site I go to thats so out of level if lifts my stair side 6" off the ground.  but I don't bother to level side to side with blocks under the wheels before I hit the auto level button like some.  

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

"going to go with one". I think you meant two ,LOL 🤣

I'm still going stick with my statement that Lipperts claims of are exaggerated. As well as my statement that if it won't level a condition of 6" or less, without having to add a bunch of blocks, it's not what I was led to believed I was buying. Like I stated in my original post, it levels just fine in the manual mode with very little adjustment, once all 4 jacks are solid on the ground. A manual system (electric, but not "automatic") is not that much slower if you are having to add bocks anyway.  Certainly not worth the $$ you pay for it. All the same, thanks for your input StirCrazy. 

I don't know, I  drop the front jacks where I want, unlook the truck, Put a couple pads under the rears (if needed) push auto level, go unload somthing fromt he truck and 60ish seconds later its perfectly level.  as for price I don't know what we pay for it as it came on the 5th wheel and there was no price difference between one with it and one without it when I was looking.. 

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100