Looking for advice on length

Explorer

Re: Looking for advice on length

Kris,

Welcome!!!

I am going to guess you were looking at the 32 BHDS or similar (can't recall the other model #'s)? Which model Jayco was it?

We have the 32 BHDS listed in my signature, pulled by a '13 Chevy 2500HD CCSB. We started out with a '87 Yellowstone, about 25' oal, then stepped up to a Dutchmen 31' oal, now the 32 BHDS which is just under 36' total.

As mentioned, you do need to be more selective about what campsites you will fit in, and what gas stations are accessible when towing. So far all of our trips have been in Mi, so luckily no fuel stops have been needed while towing. Fuel mileage difference between a 26' vs 32' will be minimal.

As mentioned, a good wdh w/ integrated sway control will help keep things in check. Reese Dual Cam, Reese SC, and the Equal-I-Zer 4 way systems are all very good. The Reese DC is a little more finicky setting up. The DC may need to be re-adjusted if your tw (tongue weight) changes a fair amount (fresh water tanks full vs empty). The Reese hitch head does allow a little more fine tuning adjustment over the Equal-I-Zer, but you can't go wrong with any of them.

Do not believe the "factory brochure" tw of the trailers.The weight of the propane tanks and battery are NOT included in "brochure" weights. Make sure you get the proper rated wd bars for a loaded trailer. If you are considering the 32 BHDS, the "brochure" dry tongue weight of about 900lbs is actually about 1400lbs loaded for us.

Good luck deciding!
Bubba J- '13 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT CCSB 4x4 6.0

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS Mods Reese DC HP

WDH Set Up. How a WDH Works. CAT Scale How To.