cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Crossroads Rushmore Washington Series 5th Wheel

varvn4fun
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I are looking at purchasing a 2014 Crossroads Rushmore Washington series 5th wheel from a local dealer. The unit looks to be a nice unit. We currently have a Keystone Cougar 5th wheel which we have had great luck with. Does anyone have any comments good or bad on the Crossroads units. Many thanks in advance.
22 REPLIES 22

8iron
Explorer
Explorer
mwebber78 wrote:
sidney wrote:
8iron wrote:
2yr Warranties aren't worth the paper they are written on in the RV industry. These warranties cover manufacturer defects for 2 years but do not include OEM components supplied by 3rd party manufacturers. 90% of an RV is assembled using 3rd party OEM components that carry (you guessed it) a1 yr warranty. This is the reason CR dropped the 2nd year a few years ago and instead offered an end of warranty inspection process that was supposed to ensure that everything was in working order when the assorted warranties expired. I'm not sure CR really executed that concept very well.

This is not necessarily true.

We purchased a 2nd year factory warranty on our CC for $250.

It includes:

Suspension Systems
Axles
Water Heater
Jacks
Frame
Water Pump
Roof Membrane
Flooring
TV Antenna
Slide Out Mechanism
Furnace
Toilet
Refrigerator
Awning
Air Conditioner
Power Converter
Microwave
Furniture
Range
Steps
Valances
Interior Cabinet frame & face
LP Tanks
Mattress
Tires
Stereo & Speakers
Windows
Exterior Entrance Door

I agree - that useless 2nd year warranty came in real handy on my previous CR Cruiser when they gladly repaired issues I was having with the structure. The Jayco and Forest River 2nd year warranties cover more then just workmanship... The warranty covers the walls, floors, frame, etc. (see the list previous poster had..)

But tell yourself whatever it takes to make you feel good about your purchase, we all do it. Also, your right - that "12-Point CR Promise" was poorly executed and a poor substitute for a warranty.

Sure if you PURCHASE an extended warranty hopefully/maybe things are covered but the standard 2nd year of a 2 year warranty only covers the things the manufacturer has built unless the supplier has a longer warranty period...and if you do get a lemon with structural issues like mwebber then it does work...but how many real issues happen with the structure? I can only speak from my experience with a 2 year warranty and walls, cupboards, bed frames, floor and ceiling joists and....Can't think of anything else...is covered by that 2nd year.
2014 F350 Lariat
2011 Sunset Trail Reserve 29ss

Atom_Ant
Explorer
Explorer
spadoctor wrote:
Per the Crossroads Owners manual on their site the warranty is only 1 year and can not be transferred. They dropped the 2 year warranty a year ago and pissed off a lot of long time customers....there were even stories of some that backed out of purchases because when the units the ordered arrived the warranty had changed to 1 year not the 2 years when the were ordered and Thor said oh well things change.
I just pulled down the brochure - its a 1+5 Warranty now, so still structurally under warranty for 5 years.
2008 Ford F350 2014 Redwood 36RL - Our Rig
Onan 5500, Splendide Ariston W/D, 8K axles, disk brakes, G614s, tri-glide pin box,
6-pt leveling, dual heat pump, dual awnings, Trav'ler SK-1000 Dish

mwebber78
Explorer
Explorer
sidney wrote:
8iron wrote:
2yr Warranties aren't worth the paper they are written on in the RV industry. These warranties cover manufacturer defects for 2 years but do not include OEM components supplied by 3rd party manufacturers. 90% of an RV is assembled using 3rd party OEM components that carry (you guessed it) a1 yr warranty. This is the reason CR dropped the 2nd year a few years ago and instead offered an end of warranty inspection process that was supposed to ensure that everything was in working order when the assorted warranties expired. I'm not sure CR really executed that concept very well.

It includes:

Suspension Systems
Axles
Water Heater
Jacks
Frame
Water Pump
Roof Membrane
Flooring
TV Antenna
Slide Out Mechanism
Furnace
Toilet
Refrigerator
Awning
Air Conditioner
Power Converter
Microwave
Furniture
Range
Steps
Valances
LP Tanks
Mattress
Tires
Stereo & Speakers
Windows
Exterior Entrance Door

I agree - that useless 2nd year warranty came in real handy on my previous CR Cruiser when they gladly repaired issues I was having with the structure. The Jayco and Forest River 2nd year warranties cover more then just workmanship... The warranty covers the walls, floors, frame, etc. (see the list previous poster had..)

But tell yourself whatever it takes to make you feel good about your purchase, we all do it. Also, your right - that "12-Point CR Promise" was poorly executed and a poor substitute for a warranty.
2013 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS
Disclaimer for the daft: Don't confuse my opinion with facts.

sidney
Explorer
Explorer
8iron wrote:

It includes:

Suspension Systems
Axles
Water Heater
Jacks
Frame
Water Pump
Roof Membrane
Flooring
TV Antenna
Slide Out Mechanism
Furnace
Toilet
Refrigerator
Awning
Air Conditioner
Power Converter
Microwave
Furniture
Range
Steps
Valances
LP Tanks
Mattress
Tires
Stereo & Speakers
Windows
Exterior Entrance Door

8iron
Explorer
Explorer
2014 F350 Lariat
2011 Sunset Trail Reserve 29ss

mwebber78
Explorer
Explorer
Atom Ant wrote:
Didn't realize they did drop the 2+5 until maybe now. Ours is only a few months old and it does have the 2+5, however, I don't see it on the website anymore.

Too bad, it was a nice sell feature that was consistent with Landmark.

CR products dropped the longer warranty 2 model years ago - first I hear that Redwood has done the same.

Just verified you're correct, brochure says one year full timer warranty. Gee, how generous.
2013 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
Atom Ant wrote:
Didn't realize they did drop the 2+5 until maybe now. Ours is only a few months old and it does have the 2+5, however, I don't see it on the website anymore.

Sounds scary if they offered the 2+5 warranty just 2 months ago, and they've dropped that already...it WOULD make me wonder why:h
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

Atom_Ant
Explorer
Explorer

Onan 5500, Splendide Ariston W/D, 8K axles, disk brakes, G614s, tri-glide pin box,

mwebber78
Explorer
Explorer
Hardly stereotyping, glad you love the 2+5 year warranty on your unit but that stopped quite awhile ago. I didn't have to read far into the owners forum to see issues - and THOR management knows it, they changed the management at CR this past late-summer. In addition, CR has changed the manufacturing location of their pricier units.

There are currently better built and warrantied units at the same price, again my opinion and since it drives my spending you can see my signature that I didn't buy a unit from the "new" CR. Everyone else can decide for themselves based on the information out there.

No one out there would like to see a revival of their brand more then me; I spent years suggesting their product. You can search my posts here and on the CR forum.
2013 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS

spadoctor
Explorer
Explorer
Per the Crossroads Owners manual on their site the warranty is only 1 year and can not be transferred. They dropped the 2 year warranty a year ago and pissed off a lot of long time customers....there were even stories of some that backed out of purchases because when the units the ordered arrived the warranty had changed to 1 year not the 2 years when the were ordered and Thor said oh well things change.

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
Atom Ant wrote:
NC Hauler wrote:
Atom Ant wrote:
mwebber78 wrote:
I was lucky to own a Crossroads back when they had a standard 2+5 year warranty and fantastic customer service. Based on current owners feedback and multiple posts I'd steer clear of anything Crossroads. Yes, companies can make a lemon or two but it seems to be in bushels with this Company. Jmho and my research - you'll notice I didn't replace my unit with a CR.
Love my Crossroads - and it still has the 2 + 5 Warranty and fantastic Customer Service.

You may be stereotyping a bit. Crossroads is a fairly big company.

Agree, not all Crossroad products can be bad..but it appears the Rushmore's may have some major issues.

But I also believe Customer Service starts at the dealership where one purchases their 5er, not necessarily the Manufacturer. One may never interface with the manufacturer, but very well may have to on and on and off basis with whomever they purchased the unit from.
I would agree I have heard a few issues with the Rushmore, but I also did with Montana when I owned two of those, and they make a nice product today.

This 27 day guy is extreme - he has a problem - frame I believe. He wants it fixed now, but I do not see how any of that could be fast, especially working through a Dealer. They have offered him loaners, MHs, hotels, but I think what he really wants is a new rig because he likes the new ones better.

Would agree with your assessment.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

jmaotto
Explorer
Explorer
Since Crossroads was bought out by Thor, I think that is when the quality went away. We have an '03 Cruiser by Crossroads and it has been very good. This was before Thor bought the company.

Atom_Ant
Explorer
Explorer
NC Hauler wrote:
Atom Ant wrote:
mwebber78 wrote:
I was lucky to own a Crossroads back when they had a standard 2+5 year warranty and fantastic customer service. Based on current owners feedback and multiple posts I'd steer clear of anything Crossroads. Yes, companies can make a lemon or two but it seems to be in bushels with this Company. Jmho and my research - you'll notice I didn't replace my unit with a CR.
Love my Crossroads - and it still has the 2 + 5 Warranty and fantastic Customer Service.

Agree, not all Crossroad products can be bad..but it appears the Rushmore's may have some major issues.

But I also believe Customer Service starts at the dealership where one purchases their 5er, not necessarily the Manufacturer. One may never interface with the manufacturer, but very well may have to on and on and off basis with whomever they purchased the unit from.
I would agree I have heard a few issues with the Rushmore, but I also did with Montana when I owned two of those, and they make a nice product today.

This 27 day guy is extreme - he has a problem - frame I believe. He wants it fixed now, but I do not see how any of that could be fast, especially working through a Dealer. They have offered him loaners, MHs, hotels, but I think what he really wants is a new rig because he likes the new ones better.

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
Atom Ant wrote:
mwebber78 wrote:

B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet