Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Tornados for Dummies

I have never read anything on what to do to avoid and be forewarned of tornados and how to seek shelter on the road or in a larger or small town if you find yourselves in tornado danger in your RV. Seems that tornados are becoming more frequent nowa...

Painting under MH

I'm considering painting under the MH to prevent rust ( and fix what rust is there). So for those who have done this, what support have you used after the MH is raised to prevent it from coming back down while under it.? I have two jack stands but pr...

et2 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

I had to use my escape window!

I pulled up to the campground office Saturday morning to register for the night but could not get the door open to leave. I could tell that both the latch and deadbolt were releasing but the door still would not open. Business was surprising slow s...

Groover by Explorer II
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Generac 7500w grinding -voltage issue

Hey gang, going to try to explain my issue & maybe someone has seen something like it that will know what it is. I noticed a while back my gene "Genrac 7500" making a strange grinding sound occasionally. After some troubleshooting, it happens when th...

gsf35099 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Refrigerator

I have a 1989 30 foot Southwind that I just bought. I am finding several problems with it. I have had the refrigerator plug in for several days and it is not working. I can hear it working, but as yet it is not cooling. I remember someone long time a...

Buster52 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Carry a small boat in the back of C

I thinking about buying this http://www.walmart.com/ip/KL-Industries-Sun-Dolphin-5-Person-Pedal-Boat-with-Canopy/15561966Can you carry this in the back of your C ? I have a Winnie Minnie 24 foot with the bike rack.thanks

Anan Gen. III not working

I have just bought a 1989 Southwind 30E from a donation place. Several things are wrong with it. Now I find the generator will start but stops as soon as you take your finger off the start button. It also will only start from the dash on the rig. I c...

Upholstery changes in Class C

Just had the faux "leatherette" driver and passenger seat and pullout sofa bed upholstery replaced on our "new to us" 2010 Fourwinds 31R. The work was very nicely done by DiCarlo Upholstery of Hull MA (Eddie Nascimento). The OE upholstery was what T...

Tonijim by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Over heated 30 Amp AC Plug

I've been living in this, new to me, '98 Dolphin for about 8 weeks while making some Mod's, repairing and getting ready for that first full-timing trip next week.Since I'm in the Houston area, the A/C runs pretty much non-stop and has been running gr...

Vinyl windshield cover through washing machine?

I can't imagine this would be best for maximum life. But wondering if anyone successfully put it through machine wash? Maybe a short gentle cycle. Normally I scrub it on my driveway. Daydreaming of a lazier way of doing it which may get it cleane...

tpi by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

1993 fleetwood southwind 34' 460 banks

I got a fleetwood 34 Im trying to sell for a family member.it got the 460 banks power pack engine. What transmission is in it?Is it a c6 3spd. Or is it an overdrive trans?I could have swore it was a c6. A possible buyer is asking. Google could not te...

joe_jeep by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

those damn scissor jacks

WellI think I have tried everything but my scissor jacks still do not seem to move as easy as when they were new (last year).My most recent try was pressure washing the threads to get off any gunk and then treating the whole system with Kroil (a pene...

fizikpal by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes