Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Cable TV connection

Was camping this past weekend and watching cable TV on Friday nite. Got up Saturday morning and had no cable reception. Went outside and the connection on the post was tight. Opened the bay door where the connection is (along with the phone) and t...

A little scary

First time ever riding in a class A motorhome. I was not the driver. Went from Chicago to Florida and back. I felt so unstable in there---like everything was loosy goosy with a sensation of toppling over. Is this normal for the first few times? and w...

Extended Warranty, where do I go and would you do it.

2006 Ford V10 chassis underneath a 2007 Fleetwood Terra 34N. The original engine threw a rod in Aug '10. The engine had right at 12k miles. Rebuilt engine was installed by a diesel repair shop and Ford provided a 3 yr, 100k mile warranty on the ne...

gb76087 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Metal Roof repair question about Eternabond

I am Planing on redoing the roof very soon and i have read up and watched a lot of videos, yet I still want to do the best job i could. my plain is scrape it all down get nice bare metal around the edges and put a thin coat of Hengs roof coat, then u...

morrow by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

turbo 400 tranny

I saw an ad for a 1982 Holiday rambler imperial. It has an Isuzu 4 cylinder diesel engine in it. They took the 454 out of it and put that diesel engine in it. Can you install a John Deere on a turbo 400 series tranny?

how do you like your SuperSteer trac bar? F53

I just got my ss401 trac bar from Hendersons in Oregon. I plan on installing it this week. The wind last year driving from Eastern Washington beat the hell out of me. My RV's back end was all over the place. Anybody else use the same or similar ...

surge protector

So we were suppsed to pick up our Neptune tonight, but didn't becuase o a transfer case issus with Jeep...no big deal so while we were getting our orientation one of the eletrical guys suggested that it is not uncommon to purchase a surge protector.S...

topher80 by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

New tire psi question...

I try to run 85 tire psi on my coach but, as I drive, pressure increases to, often, 100 psi. That's not the maximum rated psi for the tires so that doesn't bother me but what does concern me is that at 100 psi the ride is harsher and control (steerin...

AC on while driving question

Is it OK to set the thermostat on my AC before I start driving, in preparation for starting up the generator on the road when it gets too hot? I'd like to not have to stop to turn on the AC, but I'm not sure this is good for the system or might cause...

beckid by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Motorhome headlights.

My headlight lenses fogged over. Got really bad to the point it was affecting the light on the highway. I tried one of those kits to remove the fog and that turned out to be a joke. So I decided to replace the headlights. Just like everything...

steer safe

I finally got everything put together with my steer safe stabilizer.There not enogh tension on the srings and i was thinking maybe i couldget some loger eye bolts to get the tension that will give me the right feel to the wheel.It has better returnab...

joe0508 by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Toilet Leak...HELP

I have a Thetford Aqua-Magic toilet. The motor home was used and sat for a while. We haven't had too many issues, just minor ones, but are still new to this! There is a slow leak behind the toilet near the floor, constantly if there is any water flow...

Paint or new decals in Northern California

Hello, long time follower first time poster. Hope this is the correct place to post this. We have a 2003 Winnebago Adventurer 35U; we enjoy every trip and have had few issues over the years. I have read many of the posts about how to remove decals t...

psekins by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes