Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Don't Buy Tires "with wrinkles"

A friend of my wife's married a man who had a Class C rig which hadn't been driven very far for a long time. They were going to go on their two month "honeymoon" in the RV. The man knew he had to do some serious maintenance on the rig which include...

Motor home Lengths

We are in the market for a 40' Dp. My question is are you more limited in State, federal and private campgrounds over 40' in length. Thanks

fishhogg by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

P30 Fuel Pump Service Life?

Trying to be pro active an do preventative maintenance. How long with the fuel pump last in a 1995 P30 chevy motor home chassis? Is it mileage, time or both? Anyone have to replace theirs already? Thanks.

2004 National Seabreeze help while work in progress.

I am about to take ownership of this 2004 Seabreeze LX in a couple of weeks. My retired parents bought it a couple of years ago, and have decided a motorhome is more than they want to deal with. They are selling it to me, and it needs some TLC to g...

TJHUB by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Carpet replacement

I just got a quote from Winnebago to put new carpet in our 08 Horizon. They quoted me 7500 to 8000. Seems way high! I don't know anything about it, and wonder if a regular flooring shop could do it. I have a really good carpet guy that I've dealt...

C20 by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Downsizing

My wife and I are considering downsizing from a 40' 5th wheel to a camper van 21'-24' long. Looking at Roadtrek and Airstreams right now. Difficulty with 5th wheel range from 2 blown tires and $9,000 in damages, lack of flexibility on road, necessit...

CA licensing

Does the People's Republic of Kalifornia offer or require a license to drive bigger RV's?If so, is there a driver's educational course available in KA that someone can recommend?

Gonzo42 by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

The “Wall”....For Those Who Camp in the Cold

This is one of those posts to ignore, if you don’t winter camp. For the select few of us that do....this “may” be of interest. As we all know the van section of the Motorhome offers near zero insulating value. This area of huge heat losses causes...

memtb by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

missing lug nut cover and jam nut

I have been trying to find a replacement for a lug nut cover and jam nut that holds my front chrome wheel cover on. The jam nut is 3/4 ID and 1 1/16 OD. The chrome jam nut cover fits over the OD of the jam nut. I can't find a mfg of the wheel covers ...

Gjac by Explorer III
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Onan 7500 diesel generator

I changed the oil 3 quarts new filter everything seemed fine days later went to start it starts I get three flashes . it will run if the breaker on the generator is off as soon as you turn the breaker on that is on top of the generator it dies and ...

before and after

https://i.imgur.com/VrqDPIMl.jpg https://i.imgur.com/oWuf9nhl.jpgbefore and after 1995 Southwind DP