Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Trade-ins... when did things change?

So I am in the market for a new MH and I have a 10 year old MH that I thought might be of some interest to dealers selling new MHs. Not so. When did this change? Did I miss something?Here are some parameters... NADA retail valuations on my MH rang...

How to avoid driving thru Phoenix, AZ?

From Tucson to Camp Verde, AZ-what is the best way to avoid going thru Phoenix via I-10 and I-17. The last time we took that route the traffic in Phoenix was horrible. We're considering taking Hwy 79 North of Tucson to Gold Canyon, AZ (stay a few nig...

snicky by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Auto park brake

Hello guys,We have a 2006 r vision trial lite, 33 ft Chevy workhorse chassis.We have an ongoing issue with the auto park brake coming on. Randomly the warning light will come on while driving, and once the rig is stopped and put into park, the auto p...

Regal1 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Steering Stabilizers....yes again..

Hi Team, Will be purchasing and installing a steering stabilizer on our Monaco Vesta. Now trying to decide on which one. Here is my theory on one aspect of them: centering force. Seems like centering force, how strong a force the stabilizer exerts to...

cruz-in by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Need Purchasing Options!

Right now FORD dominated the Gas Class A chassis business and I personally feel that competition is good for the RV consumer. Perhaps a company like Freightliner or Spartan could come with with a chassis that would give FORD a run for their business!...

bagman by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

The 1959 Ford Thames campervan restoration begins.

I made a post about a month ago about i got my Thames ( http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/24150005.cfm ). Since then ive made a start stripping it out and assessing all the******i have to do to get it back to life. I figured o...

Want a used Class A 30' and under $60,000. Suggestions?

We currently have a 1999 Class C that's been a absolute gem. We are on our trips for a longer time now and need more room than 23'. Thinking a 30-32' A would work. Suggestions on brands to check out most welcome. Ford V10 is a plus as ours has been o...

jimx200 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Is this even possible?

We are going camping with friends and we have side by side back in sites. We were hoping to have one of us back in and the other pull in so that our doors would open to one central site. We plan to be the family that pulls in instead of backs in. We ...

linky99 by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Parking problems with big rig

We are going full time in 2018,we are considering a new rig. A 40'-42' DP and a 22' enclosed trailer. My question is how difficult will it be to find places to park. At present we use county, state and nstional parks when available and also private c...

Has the extreme cold weather affected you?

Here in Pennsylvania has been very cold. In fact to cold to go camping. Last winter was a good year to winter camping.I am glad that I keep my little Motor Home in a garage. Maybe in March the weather will get better. I hope all is well and can't wai...

advice on a 2010 Tiffin Zephyr

I have found a 2010 Tiffin Zephyr that I am seriously considering buying. It has 33,000 miles on it. I understand that this 10.8 liter cummins engine used a def system. If I remember correctly this was about when the def was starting to be used and I...

n4hwl by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Question

Considering buying class b used motorhome . Want to spend less than $35,000. I am 6 foot 3. What brand and model would provide most comfortable bed?

Gr3g by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Busted shock absorber mount, Safe to Drive home

Hi,We have a 1998 Monaco Dynasty rig 40 ft. long, and a few years ago, I upgraded the shock absorbers from the Bilsteins to adjustible KONI shocks. Seems I read somewhere the the Monaco shock mounts weren't very strong and boy, that was the truth. ...

Cheapest New Class A with cummins 8.9L ISL

We are looking for a DP. I do not want the ISB 6.7 regardless of HP rating. I want the ISL engine regardless of HP rating. Please advise. There is no replacement for displacement.

zb39 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes