Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Stolen tow bars

Second time this year friends have had their towing equipment stolen off the rear of their coaches. If your tow bar is attached to your coach by a quick release pin, change it to a grade 8 bolt and a steel stop nut. Lock good and tight. Tow bars are ...

Tom_Barb by Explorer
  • 41 replies
  • 0 likes

Tire pressure issue

Seeking advice concerning the best tire pressures for my motorhome. I have a 2004 Winnebago Journey that is built on an oversized Freightliner chassis. The chassis GVWR is 27,900# and my coach weighs in at 21,180# fully packed and filled with liqui...

bzp by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery Boost / Auxillery Switch

We are having trouble with our battery boost not working. Has anyone had trouble with their Auxillery switch not working? We already replaced the solenoid boost coil and that didn't help. Any direction is appreciated.

Shower door adjustment

I have a 2013 Thor Daybreak 32HD, the shower door is hitting on the bottom outer edge, not the hinge side, it looks square except for the bottom. I don't see any way to adjust the door. I have replace the lower seal, and it is torn up again. You have...

ggoguen by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

video wiring upgrade?

It's time to look into upgrading my audio/video in the main cabin.Coach is a 2008 monaco knight 40skq.It's a reversed layout front kitchen model.The TV is on the back wall, above a fireplace.Sat receiver and DVD/surround sound player are up front ove...

JimM68 by Explorer
  • 50 replies
  • 0 likes

7500lb Hitch on new E450 Ford Chassis

Some of the new E450 Ford Chassis class B+/C have a 7500 pound hitch. The GVWR is 14500 and GCWR is 22000. With those figures, it would be possible to tow up to 7500 pounds, right? We have a 2017 Ram 1500 Limited that weighs almost 6000 pounds and wo...

JCGibson by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

New ride needs running boards

Hey everyone: We just purchased a 2012 Thor Majestic (Ford E-350 Super Duty),and I need to purchase some running boards for it. Any manufacturer recommendations?Thanks, Jerry

drumz by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Inverter Power to TV in 2006 Jayco Greyhawk 31SS

Trying to help a friend. The TV in the front entertainment center failed and he replaced it with a new set. Now he's finding the on-board Inverter isn't powering the TV outlet. Can anybody help with Inverter Location, and any troubleshooting tips?

j-d by Explorer II
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Looking for a Class A with one slide

We are looking to purchase a new-to-us Class A and have looked at several. While we like the added room you get with slide outs, it's frustrating that having the bedroom slide means you can't get around the bed while the slide is in. I don't think we...

shayerk by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Brand recommendations

I am looking for a used class a around 50k. I was wondering how old is too old for full timing and is there a mileage consideration to be concerned with. I've been looking on various websites and there seem to be alot in that price range, both gas ...

Mystery light switch 1996 Fleetwood Southwind

The previous owner of my coach updated the interior and painted over all of the switch labels in the process. There are 4 switches on the left as you walk up the stairs into the coach. One turn on the outside light above the door, one turn on the i...

Where to sell rv stuff

Other than Craigslist, where do you guys sell (or buy used) rv accessories? I thought this forum might have an exchange area, but am otherwise stumped. Thanks!

2012 Newmar Baystar 3302

I looked at and test drove this MH today and it was in nice shape a few scrapes that look like they could be polished out. An annoying squeak in the dash somewhere but other that that it drove a little nicer than my current gas MH. It has a partial B...

Gjac by Explorer III
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

NORCOLD SETTLEMENT

To add insult to injury, not only are the Beverly Hills attorneys walking away with THIRTEEN MILLION dollars on the Norcold class action, Judge Josephine Staton is now refusing to calendar some silly motion to close this out so we can get paid. I wan...

surfride by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Hot Transmission, what can I do?

What I have: 1996 Fleetwood Southwind 35LS, 460EFI, E4OD, Banks headers, Transcommand, US Gears Dual Range (under/direct), Dana series 80 5.13, trans temp gage, 96k miles, 19,800 Lbs fully loaded (includes all passengers).The E4OD was rebuilt a coupl...