cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Branson MO, Trail of Lights- Height Clearance?

LandYachtReviva
Explorer
Explorer
We are traveling in a 25 Sprinter Chassis Motor Home. We want to do the Branson, MO Trail of Christmas Lights tomorrow.

We need 12' height clearance. Not towing.

Called the Box Office, spoke to 3 people and they have "no idea".

I know from prnceevious trips when I had a tow vehicle there are some arches.

Anybody know height clearance. It is a one-way fairly narrow trail and I don't want to risk getting part way and having to turn around or backing up against the one way traffic. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks,

Joe
Revival
2010 Four Winds Chateau

KE5LU
7 REPLIES 7

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Johno02 wrote:
Its not the turns that are a problem, its the tree on the inside of the turn. I would check at the entrance first.

X2, trees are definitely the concern... check at the gate or call ahead.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

toymaker10
Explorer
Explorer
Just got back from Branson, saw a couple of good

Just got back from Branson, saw a couple of good Christmas shows.Before I had a toad I rented from Enterprise inexpensive for an economy car and they pick you up and bring you back.

LandYachtReviva
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks folks.

After discussion with my dear wife, we both decided its not worth the risk with the motor home. We did the Trail in our tow vehicle three years ago.
Revival
2010 Four Winds Chateau

KE5LU

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Its not the turns that are a problem, its the tree on the inside of the turn. I would check at the entrance first.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

LadyRVer
Explorer II
Explorer II
A few years back, I drove a 2500 truck through Shepherd of the Hills Christmas Light show....glad a I did it at night...I can't think I would have driven that during the day.... it was gorgeous, tho. I don't remember any height restriction problems, tho. Maybe you could ask at the entrance before you pay for the tour?

LandYachtReviva
Explorer
Explorer
Noel,

Thanks. We are wanting to go to one at Shepard of the Hills.

Since we are only 25' long and not towing, I don't think tight turns are a problem. Its the height that concerns me.

I can't image the chaos that would result if they had to stop all traffic so I could turn around.:)
Revival
2010 Four Winds Chateau

KE5LU

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Couple of years ago, there were two light shows, one in Branson and one at Shepherd of the Hills. The one in Branson would be no problem, up at the park was much better, but very very tight with some pinhook turns around trees.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.