cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Norcold Door Panel Swap

Encore
Explorer
Explorer
My Norcold model 1200 frig burned. Fortunately, only the back caught fire and although the damage was contained, the unit will have to be replaced. (Yes, the retrofit was installed)

My service center will replace the frig with the new Norcold 1210 model which will fit the cabinetry. I want to put the beautiful raised maple door panels which are on the original frig installed by Monaco when it was built onto the new model. The shop doing the work is unsure about whether these can be removed and reinstalled. I talked to Norcold and the CSR said yes, but he was tentative. Does anyone know whether this can be done?

Thanks,
Rush
04 Safari Zanzibar - Last Year of a Great Coach
08 Outlook - Almost Last Year of a Great Toad
09 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited - Just a Spare
1 Beautiful, Tolerant Co-Pilot and Great Wife
What Else Could I Possibility Want?

F207364
9 REPLIES 9

Encore
Explorer
Explorer
Update:
The new Norcold was installed last week and the door panels were interchangeable.
Thanks for all the input which was helpful.
Rush
PS: Now back to the pocket door fix.

F207364

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
I'm currently trying to repair a hinge on a Norcold NB411 2 door but I'd bet the decor panel is similar.

The panel sits in a track formed by the top and bottom plastic trim. There is a removable trim strip on the left and right side of the door. Removing one of the side trim strips (they are just pressed into a center groove) will allow the decor panel to slide out. Mine has no adhesive on the decor panel. The top and bottom plastic trim strips are glued to the foam core of the door, so don't try to remove those strips.

Of course all of the above assumes that your Norcold 1200 door construction is similar.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

byronlj
Explorer
Explorer
When I installed my Samsung residential fridge I pulled the cherry panels off my old norcold doors. There were black plastic strips around the door perimeter. One of these strips comes off which allows you to slide the panels out. No glue or adhesives.
Dave
byronlj
2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3800RL

jwmII
Explorer
Explorer
1. If these were done by Monaco during coach build you can wager that there is not a lot of complicated moves required to remove the panels. If as some have suggested they are glued or siliconed to the door why not get a 4-5" wide scraper and try working that in behind the decoration. When you do get them removed and re-in stalled be sure and clamp or somehow support them until the new glue/sealant sets up. 2.The exterior panel on the doors may be easily removable by removing one side or end of the old doors allowing the panel to be slid free to check for fasteners. 3.Call Monaco as they are still a few of the older hands there that can give you the low down on how things were done before bankruptcy and the sale to Navistar.
jwmII

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
Encore wrote:
Terry, Norcold says the doors have different hinges and are not interchangeable.

Rob, They never mentioned adhesive or removable difficulty. Monaco installed mine, and I don't know the technique they used.

rv2go I would appreciate a little more description about your experience.

Thanks,
Rush

PM sent......
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

Encore
Explorer
Explorer
Terry, Norcold says the doors have different hinges and are not interchangeable.

Rob, They never mentioned adhesive or removable difficulty. Monaco installed mine, and I don't know the technique they used.

rv2go I would appreciate a little more description about your experience.

Thanks,
Rush

F207364

vegasfoodguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Encore wrote:
My Norcold model 1200 frig burned. Fortunately, only the back caught fire and although the damage was contained, the unit will have to be replaced. (Yes, the retrofit was installed)

My service center will replace the frig with the new Norcold 1210 model which will fit the cabinetry. I want to put the beautiful raised maple door panels which are on the original frig installed by Monaco when it was built onto the new model. The shop doing the work is unsure about whether these can be removed and reinstalled. I talked to Norcold and the CSR said yes, but he was tentative. Does anyone know whether this can be done?

Why not just switch doors?

Terry

Thanks,
Rush
Monaco Diplomat, Cummins, 38a
Toad Grand Cherokee and Jeep Wrangler, Brake Buddy.

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
There is often a Blob of RVT Silicone adhesive on the back of the Wood Panel!
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
They are a pain to get off and out, but I did mine. Mine had an adhesive on the back. I destroyed my old doors getting the panels out. No problems putting them in the new doors.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog