Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Sun Shades or 2nd AC

I have a . 5th wheel 5 slides. 15,500 btu air conditioner won't keep up. 3 slides have 66 inch wide windows by 50 inches long. Where we camp most of the time we only have 30 amp service thinking a 2nd air conditioner wouldn't help. Has anyone had...

Xantrex Freedom 458 20D tripping

Good Afternoon,Why does my inverter "trip" when running two appliances? I try to run a coffee pot and griddle, and my inverter trips. This causes the refrigerator to turn off as well. Is that really too much draw? It is quite annoying. A circuit brea...

Battery Question

I charged 2 batterys in dec, put them in basement. Just checked them for first time one battery reads 12.5 the other 12.4. I guess I should have checked them sooner. Question is if the 12.4 battery was sitting a couple months at 12.4 will it have bee...

50 amp to 30 amp stepdown.

On our recent winter vacation we stayed on a site that only had 50 amp service and had to by a 50/30 step down. My question is on future trips when both 30 and 50 are available are there any pros/cons to using the 50 amp service with the step down v...

Drain slots in windows

If the windows are shut tight should any water be coming in the window sills? We had some carpet get wet after a real heavy rain and noticed the drain holes were not letting out water. We blew air into them and used a piece of wire to try and clean t...

jlscjs by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Lug nuts seized, they have caps!!

a little over two years ago I replaced my steel, rusting, trailer wheels with new aluminum wheels. The lug nuts were rusting too, so I bought the good ones (I thought) that were stainless steel. I had a blowout while on a trip and when I tried to tak...

Good Yamaha generator parts supplier?

After the festival I volunteer for winds down, I'm going to replace parts that are needing it. Things like the filter strainer, the fuel gauge (which is unreadable), air filters, and a panel that got dented. Nothing earth-shaking (I'm not prying th...

mlts22 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Lightweight 115vac, 1-2 gal, 100+ PSI air compressor

I have had it with those 12vdc compressors for RV use. I borrowed a neighbor's Husky brand, 1.5 gal, 135 psi air compressor the other day. He said he got it at Home Depot. Wow! I was impressed. However, tried to find that model online in vain.What ar...

ABS fittings

I have found a cracked 1 1/2" fitting on my grey drainage system but am not finding much of a selection of these available at Ace, Home Depot or Lowes. Are they phasing out ABS?

PA14Jim by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

How to winterize a Splendide with air

For the last 7 years I've used the pink stuff to winterize the MH. Because we live in Colorado's high country, I have to winterize in the fall, dewinterize in December, winterize in March, dewinterize for April and rewinterize in early May. We aren't...

Water system on 2006 Starcraft 14 R/T

Hi all. I bought a used 2006 Starcraft 14 R/T pop-up camper recently. I have been in the process of checking all systems and found everything to be working well and in good shape except one. I have the original Owners Manual, but I found a few er...

cpc143 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Need flexible brush to clean Hot Water Heater tube

Sorry if this isn't the right forum, but, didn't know where else to ask.Ive got the standard 6 gallon (?) Propane water heater on my Class C and am trying to find a very flexible brush that's on a wire which will make the 'S' curve for the tubes t...

need another brain

Ok, went out to open the camper for the season. Just to check things out. Hooked up the battery (which is new)turned on propane, plugged into the electric. Lights work, microwave works, plugged in clock to make sure plugs worked. good ... Then tri...

agm capacity test

I've installed 2 8d deka intimidators in my fiver. Closing in on 15 cycles. Would like to do a baseline test so I will have something to compare to in the future. What would be the proper way to preform a load test?They are 245 ah each, solar is inst...