Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Portable Solar Panel Question

I want to put together a portable solar system to experiment & learn with this summer to decide if I really want solar. My goal is to get as many watts as possible but keep the weight per panel under 20 lbs. I was looking at Product A and B listed ...

dead engine battery

can anyone tell me if its okay to jump my engine battery off my house batteries . is it that simple .

elle8 by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Charging problem

I purchased a used 1989 Winnebago Chieftain last fall that was not used in a long time. I only used it 2 times before I put it away for the winter and I am having problems with the 12v side. The last trip in November I replaced the battery in the coa...

More Solar ? (update)

Only if I can get it cheap.Ebay 100 w poly panels for $129 or make offer. I never did a make offer before. But $200 for 2 panels seemed like a good price, so made the offer. Could take 48 hrs to answer.Thought about 200 watts on the roof, and use por...

Water damage repair

Hi all, I'm going to help my son with a repair project on his TT. The front on the trailer has a full width closet. There was a leak that I have to find but I will need to replace the rotted wood and moldy insulation. The wood is a panel that has a ...

Noise from Hot Water Heater

Left the camper a couple of nights ago for several hours. My habit is to shut off the WH and the outside water spigot. When we arrived back late in the evening I turned on the WH (electric) but went to bed forgetting to turn the water back on. Got...

cekkk by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Is it okay to link two batteries of unequal size?

We just bought a new travel trailer and it came with a dealer installed new 24MS battery, which does not have enough capacity for us as we do dry camping up to three days at a time. I am going to install a second battery and would like to get a 27DC...

Champion 4000w gen question

Ok, to make a long story long, I would like to get a gen for boondocking. I would also like enough wattage to power my gas-fired forced air furnace in the house during a power failure. I have a Coleman 5000w generator 10 hp. (really loud)! No good fo...

little holes in gelcoat

Hello, I have a 2011 Thor Funmover that I purchased from Camping World in November. I was out west this winter and in freezing weather a couple times. Later, when I was in warmer weather, I noticed a couple groups of little holes in the gel coat. ...

Thetford Toilet Removal

I need to remove the toilet in my 5er.It is a Thetford porcelain Toilet with a shroud that wraps around the toilet and is held together in the back with a elastic band.It looks to me that the foot pedal on the front has to be removed.If that is the c...

TT slide out bed motor housing stripped

I have a small Rockwood Roo TT with a slide out bed.The slide out motor housing is attached to the exterior wall (made of particle board) with 4 short lag screws.When bringing in the bed recently, the motor came detached from the wall. The only dama...

Robla by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Ethanol Gasoline Emissions Study I SMELL A RAT

I have been trying to locate a laboratory grade emissions study report listing ANY AND ALL EMISSIONS as given off by the use of 100% gasoline versus various blending percentages of ethanol into gasoline. My searches have been fruitless. All I wish to...

Shift Range Inhibited on my truck, What is it?

Hmmmmm, cryptic message last night.....I was shuffling some trailers around, including my TT and I stuck it into drive to go, and found no drive, even though the indicator told me I was there. Message in the odo screen read "Shift Range Inhibited"I w...