Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

2001 Monaco Dynasty lost all 12v

BIl 's Monaco, came in off the road, plugged it into ground power and there is a loud clicking he says coming from the Power transfer box . It also lost ALL 12 volt power to the entire coach. It has a Esso Power 50 Transfer # ES_50M-65M and a Leviton...

ELECTRICAL

NEW TO OWNING AN RV. HAD A 2 HOUR CRASH COURSE . LOOKING FOR ANSWERS ON AC/DC. CAN I PLUG IN AT HOME WHILE IT'S PARKED?ANY HELP WITH TECHNICAL GENERAL INFORMATION WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!THANK YOU!LYNN

elle8 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Costco 6V GC battery specs?

I was at our local Costco yesterday looking at their GC batteries. The book hanging off the rack states that the RC is 107min. The label on battery states that it has 100 min with no reference to rate or RC. The sign on the rack says that it has 100 ...

sh410 by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

Ceiling lighting in 2014 Adventurer

Nice ceiling lights in our new Winnebago. They are small round kind of recessed and very bright. They also generate lots of heat like the old high intensity lamps. Lens removes easily and it looks like three or four very bright light sources inside. ...

Electrical cables made to order?

This is a random chance, but by chance, is there a place that can make custom battery cables made to order where I can specify the wire gauge and so on? For me, since I'm needing a few cables, this is cheaper than buying quality crimpers, heat gun, ...

mlts22 by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Solar charging voltage and battery acid

Went to check on my newly installed 120watt panel with a Xantrex c35 controller. I set the bulk voltage to 14.8 with temperature compensation. When I checked the voltage at the battery mid day (around 50') it was reading 15.2 volts. I went to check o...

Jonnygsx by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Quality new dual propane regulator?

My regulator has failed before going through the first pair of tanks. Rather then spend the $$ for fuel to get to the dealer for inspection and warranty replacement I'd rather just get a better one that will last longer.Are there any high quality reg...

mrekim by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Water pump will only pump when tank is 1/3 or more full.

I just got back from a long weekend in my TT. Water supply issue. The TT is a 2011 Bullet Premiere 19 FBPR. It has 10 3-day trips "under it's belt". IE it is just about brand new. Not much use. The 40 gallon fresh tank is located underneath the f...

pjw73nh by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

thermister

The clip to the fin on my norcold frig is very rusty but the frig seems to be working for now. But I can't believe this is a good situation so can you replace just the rusty clip or do you have to replace more and how much more. Back a few inches f...

Rich_Mar by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

generator size for A/C

Tried search for "generator size for A/C", no hits. Couple questions 1. Is Honda 1000 size enough to run A/C (13oo but size)or would I need 2 of them in tandem?2. Honda's brochure says Eco-Throttle™ allows the generator's engine to automatically adj...

path1 by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Thingamabob disconnected on top of Cummins engine

In the process of the regeneration of my 1997 American Dream it was found that this doodad on top of the engine was disconnected.I suspect that when my meniscus ConWay was working on the engine it was disconnected / stepped on, while the work was bei...

Transient Suppression Diode Link (for techies)

Clamp starter motors of engine and onboard generator. Add 2.5uf 200 volt cap and stop both positive and negative oriented transients. Fun to watch on a Tectronix scope.This REALLY helps onboard electronic items (12vdc) to survive and live longer. Fro...