Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Air Conditioner Cycle Question

While in bed last night I found the AC was cycling frequently, on for less than a minute, then a couple minutes off. I'm thinking this isn't good for the compressor. Right, or not?The outdoor temp was close to the indoor temp, but the monsoons have ...

cekkk by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery Light stays on

I crossed the jumper cables when jumping off the mh (bad brain lapse). I corrected them correctly and it started and ran fine. I then started the generator with the engine running and it stopped the engine. I Shut down the generator. The engine w...

NAtide by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Xantrex Prowatt Transfer Switch UPDATE

I have on order a Xantrex Prowatt Transfer Switch, will be here Tuesday. Can anyone tell me how the coil is energized is it from the Inverter power or Line Power? When energized does the coil stayed powered or is it a latching system? IF the coil is ...

Bearings on Tow Dolly. Where to get? Any tips?

Can someone who has done this tell me if you can pick up bearings for a tow dolly at the local auto parts store? Or is this something that I have to go to the trailer dealer to get? Also, is there a number somewhere on the actual bearing that would...

AMPS

Just did a laymen's test on my new Outback to check the amps each major device is pulling. I have a surge protector that reads out the volts and the amps. When I finally realized this, it was very easy to figure out what each "item"was pulling. Here...

fuel issue...NEED HELP QUICKLY!!

I have a 1989 ford fleetwood flair 24N...bought it last year and its in great shape with 58k miles. Ran perfect all last year. Just got it out of storage last week. Ran perfect back to my house ( apprx 13 miles from storage place). Was letting it...

mike73 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Factory alarm system for 1998 Dodge

Has anyone had any experience with the optional factory installed alarm system for Dodge? We have a 1998 Dodge Roadtrek 190-Versatile that we acquired in June. It is activated by locking the vehicle with the key fob and deactivated by unlocking it w...

Toilet seal

How hard is it to change the bowl seal on a Dometic 310 toilet? Not the seal at the floor but the one that moves with the lever.ThanksMoved to Tech Issues forum from DIY.

bgant4 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

4 Blown batteries (pics) How??

OK, these are not exactly RV batteries but a battery is a battery.These 4 small 12V batteries are in a box, hooked up in series to provide 48 volts to run my wifes Gio electric scooter.She went to use it yesterday and it would barely power up. She pu...

Ran my Batteries Dry

Crap ....Well, ran my house batteries dry -- filled all four up w/ distilled water and they don't seem to be holding a charge.Should I fool w/ anything else OR just runt to Sams club and by another 4.All input welcomethanksMark

Mfar1234 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Wheel Studs / Tires / Rims

So I have a 2006 Fleetwood. This spring I upgraded all the rims and tires to Aluminum Alloy Rims and new tires. On our way out of town last Thursday we broke all 12 studs on the right side tires/rims/hubs. Once we got the vehicle stopped and road sid...

jsikora by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Installing DC Voltmeter

I want to install a DC Voltmeter in my TT but not in the vicinity of the power panel / converter. The closest point to monitor trailer DC voltage levels is the 12 vdc block in the bottom / back of the refrigerator. Would this work to provide syste...

DD716TED by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Changing an Axel

I have a bent axel on the Jayco 5er, I lost the spare off the dieselsomewhere on the Trans Labrador Highway and believe the 5er tire and it had a mishap ?Anyway the front left tire has taken to having all the tread wornoff the inside 2" in about 2,00...

No clearance/running lights?

Hi all,I have a 1990.5 Bounder and a new issue has surfaced this year that I need to get taken care of before heading out to the Oregon coast in a month. No clearance/running lights. No dash lights. No emergency flashers. All worked last year fin...

vqarabs by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes