Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Dicor Self-leveling caulk - how to reseal?

It seems like most maintenance tasks involving Dicor use less than one tube full. No matter how I wrap, tape, cover, etc. the nozzle of the cartridge, it seems to dry out, rendering it useless for the next "emergency". Has anyone come up with a rel...

Installing a new capacitor in my Coleman A/C

I'm installing a new start capacitor in my Coleman A/C (model 8335D8764). The capacitor is the Supco SPP6, which seems like a pretty popular option. I went up on the roof of my 5'er yesterday and took a picture of the existing capacitors. It is in...

whs9841 by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Onan 5500 Generator stops

We have a Onan 5500 generator in our rig that doesn't want to run more than about 10 minutes when we are driving. When parked, it runs until I shut it off. The unit only has about 28 hours which is not a lot, so the first owners didn't run it much. I...

Jack_Kay by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Suburban SF-35 Igniting Intermitently

I should state first off that this problem started just after I had fueled up the propane. The Service person had me shut off valves on the tank while we fueled. The next time I I turned on the furnace it blew only cold air. After several attempts...

Darn clouds!

Well, I'm enjoying some R&R camping, but, after 3 days of cloud cover, the solar isn't keeping up at all. My 24v system is down to 24v.You'd think 800w of solar on 4 batteries would do it, but no. I think I'm going to have to have a backup plan of e...

2oldman by Explorer II
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

RV Brake problems

Been having some issues , I have 2010 Ford F150 with the factory brake controller, last 2 time out got a wiring fault warning light, came up while towing and not while braking, stopped and unplugged connector and hooked back up and all seemed well, ...

Costco in BC 6v Batteries--What AH?

I see the local Costco has 6v batteries now for $115. No useful info showing on them, nobody around to ask, didn't have my bathroom scales with me to weigh them The sign says they are 115RC and 108CCA, which is rubbish of course. Anybody know wh...

BFL13 by Explorer II
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

12V pump on idle??

Hey, went camping for the first this year, noticed this problem when we got the trailer last year, but though I figured it out...well I didn't. The Situation went like this...the pump did not get to pressure, it would sit and cycle...yes 12V is at th...

air conditioner trouble

My front air will not cool. It is a dometic that was bought new from CW 5 years ago. Fan works but compressor will not cycle on. Anyone have any ideals on what is wrong and how to fix without getting another new unit. Thanks

Broken Awning Ratchet Mechanism

I have a 2007 Jayco 30.5BHS fifth Wheel with a 20 foot awning. The ratchet mechanism when you deploy the awning does not work. Something is broken inside and the lever does not engage when moved to the open position. So when you pull the strap t...

338LM by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes