Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Disposing of old absorption refrigerator

Just converted our old gas absorption dometic refrigerator to DC electric compressor and have all the guts from the old system left over. No idea what to do with it. The company that sold the parts for the conversion doesn’t want any of it and I d...

Norcold N641 not cooling on propane

RV has been parked level and the N641 running on shore AC for 4 months w/o problems. Stopped cooling and got a "AC HE" code. The heater element meters infinite resistance so that is being replaced. Switched over to propane with a full tank and strong...

glennts by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

central vacuum

can anyone please recommend a replacement central vacuum for a eureka yellow jacket cv140 (which is no longer available)?thanks in advance

42lou by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

How to tell when water heater is at max?

When using the electric heating element is there a way to tell when its reached max temp and shuts off? (besides trying to listen) I keep meaning the buy an instant meat thermometer. I suppose i could test the water temp coming out the faucet. But th...

wopachop by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Oil in Propane

Hey All,I'm trying to determine how to troubleshoot/correct my propane issue safely. This is on a 1998 Roadtrek 170 Popular on Dodge chassis.I was smelling propane and saw the hose from tank to regulator was dry rotted. I replaced the hose and regula...

Suburban water heater leak

Hiduring the summer our water heater started to leak:(----Water is coming out of the burner tube (where the LPG flame goes)-------are there any seals in there that may have blown------or is it cracked---toast----the whole thing was fitted new in 2010...

Upgrade to xantrex RC7 GS wiring help auto Gen start

Hope someone can help. Trying to upgrade for auto Gen start . I added the xantrex RC7 GS and need to connect wires to my Generac generator for the auto start. The wiring diagram doesn’t seem to match. Anyone know what wires need to connect? My invert...

Tibortz by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Dometic Fridge Problem in a brand new unit

We have a 2021 Dynamax Isata 3 with a Dometic DMR-702 refrigerator that is acting up and could use some help from all of you experts on this topic. I have a request in to a warranty dealer to help with this, but did my own investigative work on this ...

sdtravis by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Looking for Dometic DMR702 service manual

I have been having a lot of trouble with my fridge. The pattern seems ambient temperature related. During the cool nights in the CO mountains off the grid, the unit would not run until about 10am. This past week it snowed about 10" and stayed near or...

Furnace runs but blows cold

Part way through our two week trip our furnace stopped working. It's an Atwood Hydro Flame 8500-IV, in a 2000 Airstream Land Yacht. Does anyone have experience with these furnaces and if so can you suggest how I might proceed to troubleshoot this pro...

Teleman by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

No Power

New to me E450 C ClassNot getting power to the rear bumper for a trailer wire plug in.Wiring in the underside rear does not look disturbed.Havn't found the fuse box yet to check for a blown fuse.Any other suggestions other than the fuse?TIA, Mike

Mike_P_ by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery Disconnect Switch and Converter

Hi, new to this forum...I have a 2016 Adventurer truck camper. The problem is when I push the battery disconnect switch to the OFF position, it cuts all 12 V power to the camper. In other words, the converter is also unable to power the 12 V circuits...

Advent16 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes