Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Fluorescent to LED conversion

I have 2 of these fluorescent fixtures in the Lance, they work great and give off lots of light but not really very energy efficient when boondocking. I looked at swapping in LED bulbs in place of the T15s but the bulbs were pretty expensive.After d...

BurbMan by Explorer II
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

Powering a electric winch

My 2015 F350 diesel comes with 2 batteries, not sure how they are connected, so to connect winch to only 1 or run cable to both? Max draw about 400A.What says the gurus.Frank.

Slownsy by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery rearrangement

We have a 2007 Coachmen Concord with the Ford 6.0l diesel motor. The 2 house batteries are located under the entry step which I understand is normal practice. The 2 starting batteries are located in a compartment at the back of the motorhome. This ...

Smaller stove burner?

Have a 3 burner stove and wish 1 of them could be turned down much lower. I wonder if a smaller sized burner would work nice and safe?

wopachop by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Lifestyle RV full slide parts

Hi everyone,I’m very new to the site (10 minutes) but need a bit of advise. My wife and I are looking to buy a 2015 Lifestyle after selling our 2007 DRV and I’m wondering if anyone knew if parts for the slides would still be available in case we had ...

3nomads by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

New smart TV

I've installed a new Samsung smart TV in my motor home and I cannot get it to see the cable channels. I know the cable works because I can get my old "dumb" TV in the bedroom to see all the cable channels. I know the coax between the switch box and t...

tedp by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

New LiFePo tech?

I noticed several companies are now listing 300+Ah LiFePo batteries in the same size housing and and just a few more pounds than the 200Ah versions. It seems to be so new that no reviews have come in yet that I can find. If anyone can find some rev...

Groover by Explorer II
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Home dryer help needed

I came across a good deal on a washer dryer pair 2 years ago and bought them, letting them sit new and unused in my shed. Now that I need the dryer, I got it into the house but have run into issues I was unaware of. The biggest of these seems to be t...

albow by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Charging LFP vs Temp ?

I see Trilliums specify that you must use fewer amps initial charging rate as temperatures cool. Are all the LFPs like that? If so, that means it is not just below freezing they have a temperature issue. https://www.trojanbattery.com/pdf/datasheets...

BFL13 by Explorer II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Lithium Titanate

Hi All,I got a quote on Lithium Titanate"Max discharge rate is 10 C so 900 amps for 90 ah and 1200 amps for 120 ahThe 120 will be 30% more expensive than the 90.Price for 90 ah is $1500 cad and for 120 ah $1900 Cad per battery. It’s not a regular bat...

Math is Hard-- C Rate ?

I am confused about how many amps in a C rate, if anyone can explain that again. Thanks.After getting the SiO2s late last year, I charged them to as full as they would get, which was at 14.6v with amps tapered to 0.5a /100AH same as ordinary AGMs sp...

BFL13 by Explorer II
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Drained fuel tank, now fuel sender is inop?

I have a Ford E350 based Tioga motorhome with a 460 EFI.3 months ago I drained the fuel tank because the rig had sat for a year and it looked like it was going to sit another 6 months. It was a fairly simple matter to disconnect the fuel filler inle...

Alternators and Lithium Batteries

I like to boondock. I currently have 4 AGM batteries for a total of about 480 amp-hours, of course only about 200 useable. I would like to purchase some lithium batteries and put together a system of 400-500 amp-hours, about the same capacity.One th...

Is this doable or am I overlooking something??

We use our trailer a lot during the winter and in COLD weather.. Normally we use the propane furnace but it gobbles propane. The trailer is connected to the 30 amp outlet on the park post BUT when we try to use an electric space heater to help, the ...

DD716TED by Explorer
  • 38 replies
  • 0 likes

Anti-sway Bar

Is there an anti-sway bar that can be attached to the trailer tongue without boring holes and bolting it on?fMy daughter and son-in-law, and my grandson have just started delivering travel trailers from the manufacturer in Elkhart, Indiana, to destin...