Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

A Word About DeOxit Cleaner And Preserver

DeOxit comes in different strengths.The D100 in the needle tip bottle is much more powerful Than in other presentations.The blue protector inside the needle tip bottle is much stronger than the others.Working around the ocean the lesser strength mate...

towbar problems

we have an old sterling towbar.we see other folks who do NOT have to have the vehicle EXACTLY in line before we can unhitch the towed car.with ours we have to have the car exactly in line or we cannot remove the metal rods that connect it to the thin...

anon125 by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

New Lance TT Has Water Leaking Problems!

Hello!My wife and I just purchased our first camper, a 2019 Lance 2185, a month ago. I wish we could say we're in love with it, but we've been having trouble with the shower leaking and water running into the living area from under the entertainment ...

Burned Neutral Wires at the Buss in the Breaker Box

All of my neutral wires are burned at the buss at the breaker box about 2". Does this tell you anything about where a loose neutral connection is likely to be? I have read that the burnt wires need to be cut back to good copper and the buss replaced....

Roof air, compressor isolator replacement

94 Toyota with what I am sure is a OE 11,000 btu Dometic brisk air.AC is far too loud, but on occasion is horribly loud. Pulled the cover and looked it over. The compressor isolators are in pretty poor shape and can cause a loud racket Under certa...

jjrbus by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Level Mate Pro Question

My new travel trailer has a level mate pro that came with it. During setup, the app wants to know which direction the control box is facing. I have no idea where the control box is, as it was installed at the factory. The only thing that is visible i...

JWP127 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Fantastic fan issue

Last year the fantastic fan in my RV was acting up. It is a powered opening and closing one with a rain sensor, 3 speeds and it is reversible also. It is controlled by a Honeywell thermostat on the bedroom wall. It was working when tucked away for...

suprz by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Pressure regulator at source vs. destination

I recently purchased a semi-expensive adjustable water pressure regulator with gauge. I would rather have it at the RV end of the water hose than the spigot end. I'm not sure if it even makes a difference. My rig has an enclosed compartment for all t...

steved28 by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

solar disconnect switch

I want to install a switch to disconnect my 155w panel from the controller. The regular battery disconnects are so big. Any harm using a small toggle? Or maybe there are smaller disconnects? I looked around amazon and e bay. Seems like im seeing the ...

wopachop by Explorer
  • 42 replies
  • 0 likes

Unplug All The Charger/Converters

Recently saw a video from a good mechanic.On the vehicle of newer cars n trucks a lot of things are electronic and even wireless (like the key)vehicle.Issues can occur. Electronic noise can interfere with the vehicle computer system.Sometimes it is ...

ajriding by Explorer II
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Mystery with Suburban furnace

Hi all, I have posted this on another site as well hoping that someone might have run into this before.During this past trip we could not get our SF 30 to run no clicking no blower, nothing. We checked the fuse and that was in tight, removed it with ...

Mamacast by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Aqua View Showermiser

Yeah I know it sounds like an advertisement but it isn't. I've been browsing for a smaller RV and came across this feature offered in a Forest River Epro trailer. It's a water return for the shower until it gets hot. Great for boondocking but I wond...

caver by Nomad
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes