Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Leveling with half of a Lynx block??

We use those Lynx blocks (they look like giant Legos) to level our trailer. Works well, does not slip, easy to store and to clean.But every so often, a stack two blocks high is not enough, while three blocks are too many. Has anyone developed a hal...

LCI Ultra level hydraulic leveling

We have 2013 Tuscany EX with a problem with the Ultra level hydraulic leveling system. When I try to turn the system on with the touch pad, it can take several minutes and a number of touches to get the system to turn on or off. It is also delayed ...

RV Electrical problem

I have a 1999 Pace Arrow MH. At times the alt. will not charge the house batteries. I installed a knife switch on the engine battery for storage. With the knife switch open, at times I get 12 volts on the cold side of the switch. I'm getting a feedba...

kvh4636 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solar: To Ground the panels or NOT to ground the panels?

I had a Renogy tech tell me it's not necessary, and an exhaustive search of the Internet has turned up a few people saying you're stupid if you DO and others saying you're stupid if you DON'T.I've searched these forums, and either didn't search corre...

191124x7 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Gray tank venting problem

Gray tank vent problem:A couple of weeks ago water backed up in the shower while wife was showering , when I returned an hour later I looked in shower with 3" of water in it I said no big deal tank needed dumped.Now when we fill the kitchen sink wit...

Possible leak from propane gauge

My TT is just over one year old. I was hooking up full propane tanks to the trailer in anticipation of winter and it seems like propane may be leaking from around the metal clamp around one of the rubber hoses which runs from the splitter/gauge to th...

One more battery question

What is the best way that you have found to discharge your camper batteries when the camper is sitting at home to cycle the batteries?

Katdaddy by Explorer II
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

AC/DC Compressor Refrigerators

I was looking at a motorhome that was equipped with an all-electric compressor refrigerator. I have never seen one before in a motorhome. I found a video on the net about the pros and cons of compressor v. absorption units and some of the pros on the...

Swap 12v for 120v Fridge Element? UPDATE 2

EDIT--it turned out you can't swap them--they are not the same and it would fry things if you applied 120v to the 12v element----------------------UPDATE 25 Jan--12v is cooling down the freezer.UPDATE 2, 26JanI found my 120v heating element that was...

BFL13 by Explorer II
  • 48 replies
  • 0 likes

Upgrade Dometic Comfort Control Center thermostat

My Heating/cooling thermostat is a Dometic 5 button unit P/N 3109228.001 and unfortunately the led display is very small, dim and difficult to read. Dometic has a newer unit(UPC 713814206321)with a larger and brighter display. Anyone have any experie...

Jerry_B by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Range Replacement Options

Our Magic Chef oven has a failed mercury flame safety switch and no replacements seem to be available. Unless someone knows an easy way to replace the safety switch with one operated by a thermocouple, I'm going to head down the path of replacing th...

pauldub by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Underbelly project: coroplast on the bottom or metal?

I am finally getting close to getting started on my underbelly enclosure project -- many family medical issues (mostly resolved) have gotten in the way. My trailer does have some fiberglass insulation, covered by a thick black plastic tarp-like mate...