Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Cable connections weird

My Open Range has 3 exterior connections for cable. Two on the back, labeled "Cable" and "Sat" (secondary cable connection), and one by the door labeled "Cable", with A/C plugs next to it. Hooking up the campground cable to either of the rear conne...

RSD559 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

AC kicking breaker

Ok, I've searched the forum and tried some of the tips I have found but nothing has helped. We have a 2012 Jayco Eagle 31.5RLTS with a 15K Coleman AC unit. The AC has not been used much over the 5 years we have had the trailer but it has always work...

Changing jumper between 2x6 volt

I want to change my 4 gauge jumper to a 1 gauge.Do I have to disconnect everything?Inverter, solar are direct to batteries.Disconnect switch for trailer loads.thx

Byrogie by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Odd 12V Intermittent Failure

We just finished a 2K mile round trip with two weeks of dry camping with no significant issues (other than one single "trailer disconnected" message on the truck's message center on the second day of the trip.)The other night my wife turned on the tr...

WOOHOO!! New Batteries!

Well, after 9 years of faithful service, and one too many times being allowed to boil dry, not to mention twice being run into the ground, the trailer's battery bank (4 Trojan T-105 6V batteries) finally gave out earlier this year. Even after re-wate...

ve7prt by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

220v in 110v system

My in-law accidently plugged my 30amp coach into a 220 dryer outlet. Now I'm trying to figure out if the ac side of the fridge is ruined. I already pulled the exterior cover and found one burnt fuse that I replaced. The control panel on the inside fu...

Tire Recall: ST225/75R15 Triangle TR643

https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls?nhtsaId=17T014Safety Issue Type: RecallsAugust 16 2017 NHTSA Campaign Number: 17T014000Tire may not Hold Air due to Hole/FMVSS 109 If the tire does not stay inflated, it can increase the risk of a crash.NHTSA Campaign Nu...

Tire pressure sensor

I am getting a little frustrated with my tire sensor system. I thought it was a good idea in the beginning but it is frustrating at how off they are. I fill my tires with my compressor using the tire inflator gauge. I then check with a separate gaug...

A/C Generator Test

I have run my 15k A/C on the generator on a couple of occasions. But only for short periods of time. I just started the A/C on the generator with a full tank of gas to see how long it will go. One of the shortcomings of the Champion GAS generator ...

RSD559 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

2018 coachmen 261bh issues so far.

Part 1Well I have not even camped in the trailer yet but in the driveway. Getting ready next week for a one month trip to Disney and the east coast states.So here is what I found so far and im livid about the leak.1. They changed to a sf 30 furnace w...

lawrosa by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Honda 3000 is

will a Honda 3000 run a small window unit and a refrig? Thanks I don't have time to look it up, I know there are some here very knowledgeable on the subject right off the top of your head. thanks

Led taillights

My granddesign has regular taillights, if I Change them to led is it just a plug and play or did I need to do some thing else thinking of going with Bragman tail lights

Busdriver by Explorer II
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

Honda 3000 is

will a Honda 3000 run a small window unit and a refrig? Thanks I don't have time to look it up, I know here are very knowledgable right off the top of your head. thanks

Honda 2000 start issue

My Honda 2000 which I have had for over 5 years has developed a start issue when cold and high elevation 7000 ft. it has always ran great up there. When it's level starts and runs for like 20 seconds then shuts off like I hit the off switch, wait 10 ...