Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Refrigerator on propane or electric?

I know the comparisons of furnace versus catalytic versus electric space heaters has been asked and answered many times, but I can't find one on refrigerators. Right now, I am using about 10 kwh per day for the refrigerator in 90 degree South Texas ...

TomG2 by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

Gererac model 09734-3 LP issue

hello, I'm trying to assist my neighbor with his LP fueled generator, but I don't have any theory about how it runs and I'm wondering if anyone could give me direction. Here's what I know. Using the start switch inside the RV (with the load breakers ...

Yo Mex, read about cheap solar panels

Read This.Could drop again with Brexit - for a while. But this hasn't been the main reason in the last 5-6 years. Simply put, it was a takeover, planned and executed. Billions of govt dollars in subsidized manufacturing, for the great cause. Though c...

Almot by Explorer III
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

TT fridge to cold

The fridge in our 2007 Kedtone outback if left on for a day or two will start freezing the food. It doesn't matter if we are using propane or plugged in. Have to keep an eye on the fridge and turn it off for periods of time to stop the freezing. Any ...

slide out issue

I have a 2010 5th wheel and m one electric slide will not go back out after closing it. ive adjusted the gold bell nut on the bottom side of the slide, but after a few trips it continues with te same problem. anyone else have this issue.?

Dometic Refridgerator Repair - Might Help Someone

Just thought I'd pass this information on to someone with the same issue. I have a standard 2 door Dometic fridge that was not cooling. All of the lights worked and the "check" light never came on. It seemed the cooling unit wasn't working. A guy tol...

Hey Westend, lower watt A/C

You recently asked me which A/C I use. Well come to find out it has been discontinued and the replacement is rated for 410 watts instead of 446 watt. It would run off of just two panels.click

Gray water drainage design help (see drawing)

Hi everyone,I'm working on my very first DIY camper conversion, using a 2010 extended Ford E250.I'm trying to plan out my gray water sewage system, I want to keep everything above the floor in the heated area. I want to have these options :A : gray w...

evy by Explorer
  • 38 replies
  • 0 likes

What's everybody using to mount GC batteries?

Good day everyone,I'm making the switch to GC batteries in my 21' okanagan. Now, the original battery (group 27) is toast. It is under the dinette at the front of the trailer. I am switching to 2 6V GC2 AGM batteries. The group 27 was in a vented box...

Carbon Monoxide dectector going off

Have a new-ish truck camper and our CO alarm has been going off lately. It's closed up not in use, the propane is turned off and the alarm goes off every couple of days. I air it out and it stops but then starts back up after a few more days. We've ...

So my fridge just died

Out dry camping in the middle of nowhere (well almost) and I noticed my Dometic RM 2862 not holding it temperature. So I go take a look in back and I see the telltale yellow powder residue around the propane burner (had it running on gas all weekend...

Lin Called 0345 re Brexit and China Near Panic

I thought for awile Lin had been "purged".Brexit has triggered near-panic in Shanghai market. solar panels are going to be sold at record low prices which means all of Chinese stuff will probably cost less. The politburo fears mass layoffs which of c...

Anybody know of a super-short jack?

Not for an RV. For my ice machine!Sometime when working on it I need to lift a corner. It weighs a few hundred lbs, too heavy for me, so I have to find someone to lift it while I stick a block under.A jack would be nice, but there is only about 4" ...

Naio by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Shop recommendation - timer relay needed

I've bought one of these low voltage disconnect units (LVD-35) from Powerwerx:https://powerwerx.com/low-voltage-disconnect-battery-guardI'm quite happy with it, the build is solid and it does what it promises, though I would prefer if it had a true r...

oyly by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes