Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Leaving black tank filled

Im pretty religious about dumping my tanks after each outing but this last trip pulled a brain fart and forgot to dump and have put the trailer in storage. Contemplating whether I should pull it out and dump or just wait til next outing? Tank is on...

Portable solar panel

We're not doing much off-the-grid camping, but occasionally we venture off the beaten path and promptly run out of juice with our Interstate class 27 deep cycle We're considering making some upgrades to the trailer (including solar panels, a better c...

Is there such a beast?

Is there such a beast as a single 200W FLEXIBLE solar panel? A few days ago, I saw one for several minutes on ebay, went searching elsewhere, went back to ebay and it was gone, never to be seen again. I see 140W, 180W, 135W. But no single panel 200W ...

Water heater issue

Hey guys, I'm having an issue with my water heater. About 2 days ago I started getting a lockout on my electric/gas combo water heater. Since family is in town I reset it and moved on. Today the electric side won't work at all, continues to lock out ...

Water Pressure Issue

I have terrific pressure in the bathroom and terrible pressure at the kitchen sink regardless if I am using the pump from the fresh tank or hooked up to city water. Its the same for both hot and cold.Suggestions?

5th wheel slide issue

While putting slide in one of the chairs got hung up in the corner. This knocked slide out of alignment causing a knocking sound while moving slide. It has an electric gear and cog track system. To try and fix I disconnected one side and realigned ...

When the battery runs dead....

Should the battery run down after a few days of dry camping, and the power awning and power slide are fully extended...will plugging into my running truck offer the necessary power supply to retract the awning and retract the slide? I may face this ...

along the lines of an inverter charger

I was sitting here thinking, cause that's what i do, and have tried to do a search however it seems i'm not asking the right question.Is there something that does the opposite of an inverter-charger? Instead of prioritizing shore power to battery, i'...

jayw900 by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Portable Air Conditioner Fix

I purchased, and returned, a 8,000 btu single hose portable air conditioner that I had purchased for a small cargo trailer conversion. It did little to cool the trailer and took up valuable floor space. After some research and thinking, I purchased...

TomG2 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Tank Heaters

We have 3 tank heater switches on our Voltage toy hauler. Turned on all 3 switches and saw no change or increase in battery current (using a clamp-on ammeter).Should we see some current, or does it work in tandem with the onboard propane heater some...

otrfun by Explorer II
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Newbie -help? LP tank rust and service valve

Hey every body. Newbie here. I have just made my first foray in to RV land. Glad to have found you all! I'll put a little about my rig and me down below just to give you a peek here.This, my second post on this forum, is regarding my on board motorh...

Best $100 converter.

I need a new converter and only have about $100 left in the budget. Because of size limitations I only have a 1 battery system. Group 29 115 Amp hr. I have 10 LED lights, Maxx Fan Deluxe, range vent hood, Dometic 110v/gas fridge, furnace and new Sh...

Remote generator switch problems

I have been reading up on this all morning and actually worked on this last year but gave up. My switch does not turn my generator on from inside the RV. It turns it off and the prime and light both work. There obviously is a break or corrosion in th...

Claybe by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes