Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Are self-adjusting brakes really self-adjusting?

Looking to upgrade(?) from regular manual trailer brakes to the self-adjusting type (Nev-R-Adjust) - I'm tired of crawling under the camper and struggling with the manual adjusters. Brakes work great when adjusted correctly but.......Like to hear fro...

fitznj by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Ecoworthy MPPT + 6 volt batts

Just installed the ecoworthy controller with a 250 watt panel. I am trying to figure out what settings I should run ecoworthy on for my batteries. The batts are 2 6 volt Costco golf cart batteries. I believe they are interstate. Here is what Intersta...

Mouse Alert!

When I went out to storage and opened the door to our trailer, I was met with the unmistakable odor of a dead mouse. As an extra precaution, I've always left a few glue traps in strategic places inside my RV's.I've never had a mouse problem in 15 yea...

re_tired by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Water pump location on a 2015 Cruiser 322rl? Help!

This is my 3rd trailer and I've never had this problem. I am trying to winterize it and CANNOT find the access panel to the water pump! I've turned the pump on and can hear it behind the wall to the right of the refrigerator. There are cabinets in...

lmpres by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Trik L Start with 100 watts of solar

Well I got lazy and let the RV sit for a few months, bad idea. First problem was a dead coach battery. I was thinking it might be dead but I can start the onan and put a charger on it. Second problem, the onan cranks but will not start. I bought this...

ledcomp by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Dometic 13.5 AC 12 volt power source

I am installing a Fantactic Fan in my brand new 2016 Premier 19fbpr and looking for a 12 volt power source. Someone said they accessed the AC for a 12 volt source. Where would the 12 volt power source in the AC be. I see a plastic plug that p...

1L243 by Explorer II
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Some Battery Recharge and Capacity Data for the Curious

People might be interested in this for various aspects of it depending on what applies, if you need to figure out what kind of shape your own batteries are in.My battery bank is four 6s, consisting of a pair of 4 1/2 year old Interstates (232AH) and ...

BFL13 by Explorer II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Recommend Solar Charger for AA and AAA batteries?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good solar charger for these small battery types?I tried to search to see if this has already been covered and must not have been using the best search terms. My online searching provided a lot of 'best' claim...

Poor Man's Trimetric?

I want a cheap sort of 12v battery monitor that can measure at least 100a and keep track of AH. Need some advice here on whether these possibles are any good in the first place, and then about the actual AH counting. I see some of these have a limi...

BFL13 by Explorer II
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Generator Bad Weather

All. . . . . Can portable generators be used during rain/snow storms? Do they have to be protected from the elements? thanks . . . ken

Lummins ?

Looking @ replacing reading lights over bed, now has 11391F bulbs in them, will there be enough light to read by if I install 5050168 LED bulbs rated @ 160 Lummins. Thanks in advance.

fuel tank issue UPDATE.

Anyone have a good source for parts for my 25 year old fuel tank? I pulled it down to replace the fuel pump and hoses. but finding out that finding parts is not so easy. I am looking for a hydraulic style looking hose that comes off of inside pump to...