cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

No dc voltage at distribution panel 98 Monaco diplomat

dirtroad2
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 1998 Monaco Diplomat. The batteies are charged and suppling 12 volts. The Xantrex 458 inverter is working and suppling 110 volts when I am inverting. I have no 12 volt dc at the distribution panel. I can not find a converter anywhere in the motorhome. There is a ciruit board in a outside compartment on the left side of the motorhome near the front wheel. On the ciruit board there is a 12 volt red wire that comes off the board and it is marked 50amp for inside distribution panel and I have power there. but not at the distribution panel in the rear of the motorhome. I assume there is a fuse or circuit breaker somewhere but can't find it. Has anyone had a issue with this in a Monaco diplomat.
Thanks
14 REPLIES 14

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
"Yipa, Yipa, Yipa" grade repair you fixed...

Have you disconnected, shut down the inverter and checked the 120 volt AC connections behind the breakers?

dirtroad2
Explorer
Explorer
Update on this issue. I never found a salesman switch or a solenoid. I did find the circuit board by the left front wheel. There was a 50amp breaker on the back side of the circuit board with a wire that said to inside fuse panel. the breaker was good and I had power leaving the breaker to the inside fuse panel. I tried to follow the wire but I could not it was bundled with others and disapered into the frame. I then went to the inside fuse panel started to follow the wire from there but again disappeared into the back body cap. I opened the rear engine compartment and found a service panel to the engine air filter. I removed the panel and found 2 red wires with eye lugs on them taped together. No bolt holding them together just loosly taped. I split bolted the wires together and I now have 12volts to the inside fuse panel and everything works.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Look in cabinet above the door for battery disconnect.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

dirtroad2
Explorer
Explorer
I am not trying to be difficult and I appeciate the the help.

There are three switches by the front door they are step, porch light and interior lights. I don't see any switch that is for the battery. I do have 2 manual battery switches in the battery compartment one is for the house and one is for the starting batteries I did not see a solinoid in the LF compartment. There is a big black round one by the batteries but I think that is for the aux start so you can use the house batteries to start the engine if the starting batteries go dead

gatorcq
Explorer
Explorer
GO to this LINK

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/
Dale & Susan
DaGirls II Rv - Dakota & Tilly Traveling Companions.
2008 Alfa Gold, 2015 Ford F150 XLT
Roadmaster and Air Brake System
1600 Watts, Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar
800 Lithium Battery
DaGirslRV Blog

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
dougrainer wrote:
dirtroad2 wrote:
it is the distribution panel next to the 120 volt breakers. The breakers on the inverter are on and working. and I have 120 volts at the distribution panel for the 120 volt circuits but no 12 volts coming into the distribution panel for the 12 volts circuits.

That is what I am telling you. The problem is the Battery disconnect solenoid. Doug

You should pay attention to what Doug says. He is an RV technician.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
dirtroad2 wrote:
it is the distribution panel next to the 120 volt breakers. The breakers on the inverter are on and working. and I have 120 volts at the distribution panel for the 120 volt circuits but no 12 volts coming into the distribution panel for the 12 volts circuits.

That is what I am telling you. The problem is the Battery disconnect solenoid. Doug

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Look around the batteries for a fuse or circuit breaker.
Were the batteries serviced and or disconnected?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

dirtroad2
Explorer
Explorer

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Your model DOES have the Battery disconnect switch. THAT switch is by the entry door steps. It will be labeled Battery or something that indicates a Battery switch. IF that solenoid is bad or not turned ON, you will NOT get battery power to the Coach systems. Your year model, I believe that Battery solenoid is at the LF battery fuse compartment in front of the LF tire. That entry door switch turns the Battery solenoid ON. It is not unusual for a motorhome your age for the solenoid to be burnt out. Doug

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Which distribution panel?
Is it the one next to the 120 volt circuit breakers?
Have you checked the fuses/circuit breaker at the inverter?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

dirtroad2
Explorer
Explorer
Yes this is a new problem. everything worked last fall but as I was looking things over this spring I found this. The only switch that is by the passanger seat is a switch that turns on a reading light.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
From your three posts it sounds like it's new to you Beside the passanger seat there should be a covered switch that turns the 12V on/off.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Can't help with fuse/breaker location, but your Xantrex 458 is BOTH an inverter and smart charger.

When it receives 120 VAC from shore power or generator it both "passes through" the 120 VAC to all circuits wired from inverter AND automatically charges the batteries (smart charger).
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/