Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Which gas stabilizer?

For years, I've used the red Stabl when I stored the gas coach for the winter season. Recently, I've been told that Stabl is not good for ethanol (10%) based gas. A product called Star tron was recommended or a version of Stabl that says it's for eth...

Help with the length of a motorhome

In a previous thread I posted "I want to buy a small DP somewhere in the 30 - 34 foot range! I went on to say that my wife wasn't all that wild about my motorhome idea. After reading your posts to her she has become much more receptive to the discus...

TV Problem

My boat anchor turns on and off by itself. Remote doesn't seem to have any effect. Any ideas or suggestions other than time to upgrade.

Charging question

I have an 05 HR Admiral. Does the chassis battery charge when the gen set is on? I ask this because it is now in winter hibernation and I run the gen set once a month to keep everything charged. What I don't know is if I am only charging the house...

waxing

Can the fiberglass roof on my RV be waxed?

rmbloom by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Carrying Scooters

Hello everyone, I searched the site first but couldn't find this answer. I just bought two 150cc scooters to bring with me camping vs towing a vehicle or,since I have never actually towed, not having one with me. I have an older (1989) 28' class...

05 Pleasureway Excel - Solar Panels?

Just wondering if any of you that have an Excel wide body have placed solar panels on your roof. If so, can you (or maybe already have) share your installation? I'm putting in two new AGM batteries and think solar would be the way to go to keep them ...

Need E-450 rear axle repair in Seattle area

Anyone have recommendations for a place in the Seattle area to work on the rear axle of my '03 E450? I had carrier bearings replaced at Randy's Ring and Pinion 40K miles ago and I've got metal in the oil again and a weaping pinion seal. I normally ...

pauldub by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Replacement gas detectors- what do I want?

Detectors in the van are old- I have a smoke detector mounted on the ceiling- that's easy, I'll get a home style.I have a CO detector mounted up over the side doorand a Safe T alert gas detector mounted near the floor by the furnace.( I see combo gas...

mkguitar by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Mobil Service to fix Wiper Blades

I have a 2013 Holiday Rambler Vacationer on F-53 Chassis. On our way to Arizona, the wiper blades stopped working. The blades will go up to the top of window but will not go down. The motor will continue to run even after I turn the wipers off unti...

ghart204 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Cargo Carrier Hitch sizing?

I've recently bought a second hand Thule Terrapin 684 cargo carrier. As my van is parked, with no insurance for the winter, we drove down to pick it up in my FJ, with a 2" receiver. It fit, no problem. When we got home & tried to plug it into the 2" ...

GaryKH by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes