Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

SUV Conversion?

I can't find a forum for this anywhere so I thought I'd try this one. I need a newer vehicle capable of hauling around 2 toddlers. I also want to take several one week long vacations per year and stay at RV parks, preferably parks with bathrooms an...

fiverish by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

leveling jacks

i have light on and a warning beeper that says the jacks are down when all jacks are up !can anyone help solve this problem ?

darober by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Onan 5000 oil pressure switch

I'm chasing a no-start problem on an Onan 5000 genset. I've got another thread on that, but I have one specific question.Is the oil pressure switch normally open or normally closed. That is, does it ground the ignition if there is no oil pressure (...

427435 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

roof air or basement

Howdy, been busy searching for good used ("our first class A") motorhomes, and finding a lot of good floor plans, mostly with slides.Some Ford, some Chevy, and some diesel, and all in good shape with good prices. So I stop rambling on, here is my que...

Question about 12V sockets not working

I have two 12v plug in sockets on the dash of my Dutch Star and are only reading 11.1 Volts on my Volt meter. They will not run my brake monitor or TPMS monitor. My 4ea 6 volt coach batteries read 6.6 Volts. My Ford auto sockets measure 12.57 Volts a...

Snomas by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

What Is With The Spark?

In the past many of us have mentioned that when hooking up the coach batteries, there is a serious "spark". Then when disconnecting and reconnecting there is no spark. Does anyone know why? Is there a continuous current draw, or is that just a one...

Staying clean in camp showers

A very important question: When the campground shower floor is muddy, how do you manage to get your pants back on without getting your pants dirty? (I'm not a fan of streaking. . .)

hobbssb by Explorer
  • 57 replies
  • 0 likes

Class C coachmen 2015

I put away a little cash for 40 years for the day I could buy a new RV when I got the 2015 coachmen home all the ford material stated it was a 2014, all of the sales contracts stated it was a 2015 did I get had or is this a common practice for th...

ideas for better kwikee door switch?

the 2 wired plastic magnetic sensor-face of my kwikee step's door switch is double-sided-taped facing the aluminum door casing. the magnet part is glued and screwed to the aluminum screen door so when it closes, it is close to the hidden face, but t...

Auto Park Brake Issue or Not?

Just purchased a 96' Winnebago Adventurer 32 on the Chevy chassis. During the test drive, when I tried to put the RV in reverse, the auto park brake would engage and you would have to wiggle the shifter to make it disengage. When u stop, and shift in...

Paleo by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Rear brakes, how many miles?

Just had brake job done. Got about 35k since last brake job up front. Put new Bosch rotors and carbon metallic pads up front. Shop said rears were still in great shape and don't need anything. Ford E350 with 81,000 miles. I know fronts do the ma...

tarnold by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

First Extended Trip

My lady and I took our "new" 1990 Tioga down to the Outer Banks, NC for our first trip more than a single night. We headed to Ocean Waves Campground in Waves. Nice campground with easy access sites and right along the beach. Went down for the first...

smeador by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

flipping RVs

Went to look at a used B+ today. The guy told me where he lived and to look for the house with 2 rvs. I figured he was selling his old one. It turns out he is a retired engineer who buys used (apoparently B+ mainly) and checks them out and repairs...