Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Can I jump start my toad from my motor home?

We have found our toad battery dead, after towing the vehicle with the Unified Tow Brake hooked up. We had the battery (which is new) and the charging system tested, and everything is fine. Until we can figure out the cause of this problem, our que...

CRJGal by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

New to the class B world

Hey guys just wanted to introduce myself I go by the great name Fernando! I've been traveling in Van conversions since I was young my dad always love them. Now 30 years old and a soon to be father.... wife is five months The first thing I thought ...

Michelin tire blow out!!

On a recent trip to the Western end of the Florida panhandle, we had a blowout on the right rear inside tire. Luckily it was on a straight section of Interstate Hwy with very wide and flat shoulders and we were able to safely pull off in heavy traffi...

Spare tire

Just bought a 2006 coachmen 34ft epic. During my weekly checks I looked for the spare tire. Guess what there isn't one. The dealer told us that sometimes they receive MH with no spare. Does everyone have a spare tire? or am I being over cautious...

mfitz709 by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

2015 Hurricane Slide

Have a 2015 Thor Hurricane and when the slide is out there is a spot where rubber (not the seal) is visible on the floor and appears to be twisted. Dealer says this is normal but I don't believe it. Any suggestions are welcome!!

96 Monaco Exec Chrome Exhaust Tip

Hi guys,I would like to refurbish my old exhaust tip or get an exact replacement. Monaco shows this item to be obsolete. It did scrape the ground once as shown in the second pic, and the chrome is faded and pitted. No rust to speak of. I will also ne...

Rebadging from Dodge to Mercedes Sprinter

I have successfully rebadged my 2010 Pleasure Way Ascent (2008 Sprinter originally badged as a Dodge) to Mercedes. If anyone wants to know the details, I am willing to send them a detailed description to their private email address. (Or I can give th...

What to watch for when buying new from dealer

Looking thru the RV Trader at some discounted prices with a friend. He commented that if looks to good to be true, it is. He commented that they tack on prep fees, transportation fees and PDI fees which can mount to $1,000's and then try to get y...

SFVdave by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

temp gauge on the tranny

Can some one tell me where to install a heat sending unit on the tranny for a tranny tempgauge I am plannin to mounted on my dash.Also where can I purchase the sending unit.. Its a E4OD tranny on a 1994 ford e-350 460 engine.

tboss by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Winnebago Roof Inspection

What exactly am I looking for when I “inspect the seams” on a Winnebago fiberglass roof? I’ve had no problems yet, would like to keep it that way. I’ve re-caulked the seams between the roof and the two end caps (fairly obvious what to do there). I’...

CVD by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

'99 southwind Radio Switch Monoplex

Question is about my (Radio Switch - Monoplex) I have a '99 southwind and the Radio has failure on Left front speaker - intermittentlyI found the radio switch but not sure of its function, could this be a problem?5 terminals - Ing radio ...

RZRguy by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Newbie needs HELP please!

Hi Everyone. Considering buying an RV in the next year....I need help! Ive looked at the Trend/Viva but I think they're kinda pricey when you compare them to the standard class c's like the Minnie Winnie which is what we're considering now. Looking...

AAV8R by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Tire Pressure Vs. Ambient

I recently found that adjusting our tires to the cold inflation temperature base on the local ambient may not be the correct way to do this. Based on this info, the ambient temp for setting tire pressure is always 65F and they are than adjusted upwa...

bluwtr49 by Explorer II
  • 45 replies
  • 0 likes

Cost of fixing fogged windows

I have a couple fogged side glass panes in my coach. I am a die hard do it yourselfer, so any way that I can do that is best for me. But if I need to send them in, that is doable. What kind of methods or costs have you experienced?