Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Considering purchase of high mileage x-rental Class A

Hello. As some of you have seen from my recent posts we are looking at switching from a big fifth wheel toy hauler to a Class A. One option that we are considering is purchasing a high mileage (100k+) class A gas rental unit that is about five year...

RedJeep by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Been to the RV Show

Been taking my GS to the RV show every year since he was in a stroller. Now 11, maintained the tradition by hitting opening day of the Mid-America RV show in Kansas City yesterday. A couple of really nice Class A's, some smaller Thor class A's, a f...

Replacement Backup Camera System Selection

What is your experience with either a Voyager system or a RearViewSafety (RVS) system. I'd like to hear pros and cons of both.I need to replace my backup camera system, as my 10+ year old Navigator monitor has failed and I've talked to the people at...

BigMac by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Front air ride adjustment?

I have a 1997 Fleetwood American Eagle, it appears that the front axle has two air valves. The air bags do air up, but it still seems to bottom out on occasion, I did adjust both and no noticeable change was felt, and if looking at the side of the c...

Tandem Tow Dollies

We are planning to purchase a class A within the year, and looking at towing the car and the golf cart. I found the tandem tow dollies, but for the life of me, I don't understand the outrageous prices! 6K to 7K seems quite high, when most of the stan...

2006 Forest River Tsunami - thoughts?

Hello all -It's been a long time ...........sold my last toy hauler about 5 yrs ago. I miss camping !This time around, I thinking about a Class A diesel for my next purchase. Trying to keep my budget around $100k. Love to hear opinion on this FR ...

dchurch by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Buyer beware - Tire preassure @ PDI on my new MH

Hi. Today I picked up my new Jayco Redhawk.I had several issues, but i wanted to mention one in particular. During the PDI I asked if they check the tire pressure, I was told yes. My OCD kept saying that the tires look too low (which does not necesai...

map40 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Quartzsite Parking

Anyone know what they're charging for camping in the area just south of the big tent......on the west side on 95? What's the area called? As I remember there's a wooden building as you register just after turning into the area. I think I paid $40...

supercub by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

does chasis battery charge while generator is on?

My chasis battery and coach batteries were dead yesterday,I have not started the motor home in about 3 weeks, so I charged the chasis battery yesterday,preparing for a 3 hour trip, I plugged in to 50 amp shore power at my home all night and turned th...

Slide operation

My 2002 Four Winds has started to have slide and engine start issues. If the slide will extend, I can't start the engine even with the slide retracted. If the engine will turn over, when I shut it off the slide won't work. Is there a limit switch or ...

slide out in slide out

Several years ago at the Hershey show, I know I saw a motorhome that had a slide out in a slide out. I don't remember what make or model. It didn't seem to be a good idea to me but that is opinion. Some extras seem to be added to rv's just because...

tommy_g by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

RV Resorts vs Campgrounds

OK, I tried searching the forums & did not find the first thing. So here goes, What is the difference between a campground & a RV resort. :hThanks for your help in advance.

TomB_ by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Steering Stabilizer

I have restored a 1989 Fleetwood/Bounder 31' Class A MH. I took it out on a road trip in I-10 over New Year's and was thoroughly intimidated by the 50' tractor/trailer rigs attempting to blow me off the road. My question: By installing a "Safe T Plus...

blazenpm by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Front plastic peeled off

We have a friend with an older motor home where the plastic covering on the front has yellowed and looked very bad. They got the plastic stripped off but half of the underlying glue lremains. Anyone know what they can use to get that remaining glue...