Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Shurflo 4008 or 4048?

Would love to know which one to buy for a back up...we heavily depend on our water pump and usually are away from home without our toad when using it so I want to have a backup for my 5.7 that is going on 7 years old. The price of the 4008 is nice, b...

SpurHntr by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

A note of gratatude to my RV.net friends

Over the past 8 years as a member of this forum there has been a wealth of information given to me and others that have saved my butt and wallet over and over again. I know the savings is in the thousands. Simply sharing the information and experienc...

2008 winnebago access slide not working??

Hi all,Just recently purchased 2008 Winnebago access bunk house. Living room slide worked fine over the weekend camping and now will not work. The red parking brake light on the switch panel flashes but the parking brake is set. The rear slide works ...

jwlong by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Rear hub cover

I have an 06 Monaco Cayman with Alcoa wheels. One of my rear hub covers came off and I can't seem to find a replacement. Does anyone out there have a source for a moon hub cover?Thanks for any help!

understanding Michelin recommendations

I realize I am not the sharpest tack in the box, but i am having trouble understanding the chart. I have a 29' with 3 slides and have LT225/75R16 tires. My weight is 3900 lbs in the front and 9700 in the rear. I am about 200 lbs over on the rear a...

derh20 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Best route from Oregon to Utah

So, we are about to move from Roseburg Oregon (in SW Oregon) to St. George Utah in about 2.5 weeks. We own a 1989 Gulfstream Sunsport with low miles (53,000 original.) My question is this: Since we haven't taken this RV on an extended trip yet, we ar...

Michelin Tire Pressure

I am not the sharpest tack in the box, but I am having trouble reading Michelin's chart. I have a 29' B+ with 3 slides. I have LT225/75R16 tires. My front weight is 3900lbs (far below the max) and my rear dual axle is 9700lbs (200 lbs over weight). ...

derh20 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Thor Axis MH

I have seen couple of these and they look kind of interesting but thought I had heard of problems with the Thor MHs?Like the size etc of it but looks like is only on a large P/U chassis but again maybe that is a good point should ride better than my ...

moodier by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Mountain driving and towing with a gas class A

Just wondering what opinions are out there about towing 3000 lbs behind a newer gas class A motorhome. Mostly in the mountains. F53 with the 365 hp Ford motor. Also, are the brakes good enough to stop or slow down on steep hwy grades? I would th...

hoopers by Explorer
  • 34 replies
  • 0 likes

Head light mounting

I have a 2007 Forest River Georgetown motorhome. The head light is mounted on plywood witch has rotted out . I was looking to find out if anyone has run across this problem and what the fix was . Only one side has done this . This is Driver side . ...

P_W by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Sanatizing fresh water

I recently spoke with an RVer who was adamant that bleach was the worst thing in the world to sanitize the fresh water system. Said it destroyed rubber seals. He said hydrogen peroxide was a better sanitizer, with no ill side effects. Anyone ever ...

Doug156 by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

thermostat control

We have a 1986 coachman cavalier. Our hot water heater worked fine last season but now we have an issue. When I flip the switch to light the water heater it lights, the light goes out, then you can hear sputtering and then it burns fine for a while...

Class C regrets/Options you wish you had?First time class C

We are looking at moving up to a class C from a small trailer and after searching for a few days online there are alot of different floor plans/options and i have no idea whats needed and whats just a luxury. What do you have and not use or wish you ...

JeepGuy by Explorer
  • 50 replies
  • 0 likes

Replacing ABS Sensor on W24 Chassis

We had the ABS light come on and off while on our maiden voyage of our new (to us) 2006 Fleetwood Pace Arrow. The dealer ordered a new sensor but it may not arrive before we leave for our next scheduled trip so they said they could send it to me if ...