Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Draining fresh water tank

1999 Coachmen Santara Class C Model 238RBWorking my way through the systems... now it's water. (1) I'm looking to drain the fresh water tank and sanitize it. It took a while to find the tank; it was under the couch. But it's not visible from under ...

hitch mount cargo carrier

Just purchased a 2000 Pleasureway and would like to put a hitch mount cargo carrier on to hold folding bike and x-pens (for dogs). Can anyone with a PW advise me on which one works best and why?Thanks,Meg

MegB by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Wal-mart in birmingham, Alabama

We will be traveling from new orleans,LA to gatlingburg,TN next month, I plan to lay over a night in the birmingham,AL area at the wal-mart supercenter on 59. Has anyone had any experience in that area? Good or bad all comments are appreciated.Jeff

hammer01 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Replacing Old TV w/Flatscreen...HELP!!!

The question I'm about to ask may have been shared/answered before, but I need HELP!! ...We have a old heavy CRT-TV in an over the head cabinet in the front that we are wanting to replace with a new flat screen TV. Has anyone done this & how did you ...

dkingdoe by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Who makes Cruise America 19' class C?

Who makes the Cruise America 19' class C?I saw one on the road today and thought it looked like an interesting option for someone looking for a very small C.http://www.cruiseamerica.com/rent/our_vehicles/compact_rv.aspx

SkiMore by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Sprinter Towing

I have a 2013 Class B+ on a Sprinter Chassis with an 11000 pound GVW. I am considering towing a car on a car dolly. The car and the dolly weigh about 4000 pounds.. I have a 5000 pound hitch.I am concerned that my 188hp diesel may not be up for this ...

Unity by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Wiring the Bi-Directional Isolator Relay diesel-2

My coach does not charge the chassis batteries when on shore power, it just charges the house batteries.I'm considering replacing the currently installed Intelletic Relay Delay (charges house batteries when alternator output is sensed) with the Bi-Di...

fcooper by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Date on Tires

I know it's been posted here before, but I have for got how to read the date the tires were made. I know it's time to get new ones due to the age of the Motor Home. Thanks

egh33 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

1995 P30 Differential Problems; Large Shavings

After draining diff fluid, I found some large shavings on the magnet. I feel compelled to remove the entire differential for closer inspection. So far I can see nothing obvious like a disintegrated bearing cage, but it is all but impossible to see t...

TALE OF A TRIP, SHOUDA STAYED IN FLORIDA.

Well, we did stay an extra week.MONDAY: April 7, 9:30 am. We went to pick up the Tow Dolly at U-haul in Lake Worth, after verifying our on line Jan.4 reservation the day before, Sunday, only to find out they had changed our Guaranteed Reservation fro...

Edouard by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Headlight Upgrade

My 1998 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager has two sealed beam headlights. The number on the glass front is 8214. I couldn't find this number in the headlight catalog at Autozone yesterday. I'm looking to replace these with something to get me more light. I ...

jjrowan by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Lacking Power

I purchased a 1998 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager today. It has a 5.9 liter Cummins Diesel with Allison 4 speed transmission. The test drive the owner took me on was about 20 miles, since I didn't drive I couldn't tell whether it was being floored or jus...

jjrowan by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

LONG rear valve stems .....10" to 12"?

Have a 4x4 Class C with 2"spacer between rear wheels so tires won't rub when airing down on the beach. Had a blowout and tire guy threw away my 10" valve stem (I didn't see him do it) and he replaced with normal stem. Obviously, next to impossible to...

non- working Dometic fridge

Our tenth RV is a 1981 Dodge Campervan, 350 motor automatic which has only 10,000 miles on it . We bought it from a local who did tell that the fridge did not work on Electric , and we have yet to see if it works on Propane . We have thought to t...

Class C tire rotation

I have a 2012 class C motorhome and was wondering about tire rotation. I had a salesman at Camping World tell me that he didn't think that you needed to rotate the tires, that did not seem right. Please let me know if the tires need rotated. I curren...