Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Can I Pick Your Brains About Smaller Class C's?

See my sig for what we currently have. Due to some serious health issues we are looking at trading to a Class C. I have been lurking here a lot lately. DW is going to help with the driving and the smaller is the better for her comfort level. A B seem...

Changing oil on a diesel cummins generator

Does anyone know a resource to learn how to change the generator oil in my cummins generator 7500? I would like to learn to do by myself and the one thing I was told to make sure that I use the exact amount of oil to replace what is removed. Thanks...

rbanuchi by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

P30 caliper removal

Looking to change front pads. I have ran into a caliper I never worked on. The manual I have says its a Bendix. Their is no slide pins or caliper bolts. The only thing on removal I was able to find was that there is a key support that you tap out t...

HR Ambassador pricing

HiWould I be paying too much for 2008 HR Ambassador with 10,000 miles with all the usual bells and whistles. Jenny has 118 hrs. It appears to be in really good condition.Model # is 40SKQIt is located in Canada so the pricing might be different than t...

Dometic Refrigerator Temperature slide control

The thermistor that is in the white plastic temperature slide control inside the refrigerator on the cooling fins came out of the plastic slide. Does anyone know where in that slide the thermistor should be placed and how to keep it from coming out a...

tmmar by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Anyone with the Chevy 6.0 Class C?

I'm looking at a new 29 ft Class C with the 6.0 Chevy. I'm looking for real world MPG with this Chassis. I know how you drive effects MPG and RV's are not a cheap form of transportation. I have a Sprinter Class C now and I need something bigger and a...

1996 Fleetwood Bounder tire/wheel upgrade

A friend insists that if I were to upgrade from the stock 16 inch tire and wheel combination presently on our Bounder (F53 - 460 ci) to 19 inch tire and wheels, we would experience better ride, handling and increased fuel mileage.His argument makes ...

wb2ivu by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Monaco motorhomes

For a MH company that everyone thinks is going out of business they sure are busy in Oregon. 1 month wait to get an appointment and they have MHs backed up for service. Like us, many are for paid service repairs and additions to their MH. Their manuf...

Generator running, but no power

I was just sitting in my motorhome with both AC's running, they had been running for about 10 minutes or so. I also had the TV on and the sat reciever going........all of a sudden I lost all 110 power. Still had 12 volt power. I was running on the...

supercub by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

How Do I Find My Leak ??

I have a 1991 Class C motorhome pictured on my profile, the bunk windows leak depending how I am level and if I park leaning to the left it comes thru the hole I poked into the ceiling to channel the water, so it leaks both overhead bunk windows and ...

Is 45 feet too long?

In our constant search for a new rig... the one we like the best so far is of course - 45 feet - tag. Right now we have a 36 foot 5er. Our other choice is a 41 footer, but it's not the same quality. Is there a big difference in driving/backing such a...

Porch Light and Handle Light

Getting ready to figure out why my porch light and door handle light both stopped working at approx. the same time. I took at look at fuses, but don't see any that are obviously bad, but can pull each one and check them later.The odd thing is (to me...

Lobstah by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Satellite TV in a Winnebago 26 HE

We are purchasing a Winnebago 26 HE. I want to be able to use bell express vu satellite system. The dealer tells me I can cannect to the coaxial cable connection for my hook up to the satellite dish. Is this correct or do I need a separate satellite ...

Lenc by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

What's the most efficient fridge you've used?

I'm currently running a cheap Coleman thermo-electric cooler. It actually draws 4 amps per hour and because there is no thermostat that 4 amps is constant, 24/7. I plan on spending large periods of time off the grid and am in the market for a compres...

edpelo by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes