Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Good trip-bad repair shop

We are back from our trip. We traveled through 16 states in the Midwest and west and put just over 6K miles on the coach. For the most part it was a good trip.If a Freightliner dealer hadn't screwed us so bad on the overheating issue while in the mou...

H___E by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Norcold 682 propane lockout?

HiI have a 91 Winnebago on a Ford F53 chassis. My Norcold 682 works fine and cools on AC but I cant get it to function on propane. The 12v appears normal and the fridge goes through the attempt to start. I have made several resets and the board sh...

Progressive EMS is growling at me/Loud hummmm

I have had this EMS-HW50C from Progressive for about 10 years without any troubles. Now it is Growling/Humming loudly. everything appears to be working. no errors. maybe on its way out? any ideas. I guess I'll have to call them but thought I'd checki...

danorske by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Good news... dreaming of BEV Class A

Report of Tesla coming up with million miles battery.Truckers and haulers can start dreaming too.Alternative title: How to tick off EV naysayers.Brickbats, incoming!Tesla's Millione Miles Battery

Dash AC blows out of the defrost vents

the dash AC blows out of the defrost vents when engine is under a strain, such as climbing up a hill, etc.my motor home is a 2000 itasca suncruiser. the engine is a ford v10i feel it is a vacuum leak, but unable to pin point.any advice is appreciated...

MHancock by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Comments on cancel your car Insurance

We have been going to Yuma Az for 10 years now. We have in the past put our 2nd car at home in the garage. In the past we changed the policy on it to storage insurance. My question is why Can't I just cancel the insurance on it and place it back on m...

I am amazed!

We got back from a 5700+ mile vacation drive from Texas to Georgia, to Rhode Island, to Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont. I kept track of the fuel we used and we were very pleased with averaging over the full trip at 20 MPG! We have had RV's for abou...

debandi by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Looking for a preowned Class C

Hello Fellow travelers!We are looking to buy a preowned Class C RV. Our ideal RV is a Thor Four Winds 27R because of the ceiling height and king sized bed. We are certainly open to others but want around 25- 27 foot, high interior ceilings, dinette...

Tire question 235 80 22,5

Getting ready to put new tires on. Mine are 7 years old. May move to a different tire. What is your size preference. Not brand. 245 75 22.5 or255 80 22.5 Not sure which works out better. Workhorse chassis

angler by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Short MH's

Has anyone downsized to a Thor Vegas 25.6, Axis or any other Class A shorter than 27 ft with a full wall slide and been satisfied with their purchase? How is the ride? Any quality issues? Do you use a tow car?

Gjac by Explorer III
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Brand New Deep Cycle Batteries Keep Dying Overnight

I just purchased (2) Brand New RV/Marine Batteries (Thinking I had bad Batteries) for my 1996 Winnebago Class C. It turns out there is a parasitic drain on the dual batteries of 2.35 amps when everything in the Motorhome is turned off. The strange th...

sjls by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't figure out how to grease u-joints - '93 Ford E350

I had new u-joints installed last summer on my Class C Ford E350 and I went to grease them and can't get to 3 out of the four (only one I coulod reach was the front). c I bought a new 'right angle' connector and still can't connect to the zerk fittin...

rgnprof by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Water damage in walls

Hey everyone,I am looking at a 1995 Four Winds 29' class C for a friend. It is built by Thor and on a Ford Econoline chassis. He is picking it up quite cheap, $1,700. He doesn't care about cosmetic looks.Although the rubber roof looks good, somehow i...

new generator time

We need to replace a 5000 watt, 2 phase, Onan generator in our class A. Will y'all please make some suggestions for where we should be shopping? thanks, BCNU