Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Spare tire ??

We are planning a trip to Key West next year. Thinking about carrying a spare tire but have no idea on where to store it. No way to tie it down on the room. Would take up a ton of room in the basement area. Will be towing a truck with a golf cart in ...

towing strain

How much of a strain to tow a2008 Saturn vue behind a 1995 class a 35 ft 460 ford unit only has 28k and is perfect. Is it worth it to tow without putting a strain on it THANKS

How do I know a tire's low/flat on dual wheel axle?

Today's dumb question...I check tire pressures before our trips, and during trips (though not as often as I should during trips; but certainly before long drives).But how do I know, when driving, that a tire on a dual wheel axle is low or flat? Obvi...

Unimog becomes an Off Road Class C

An Australian Couple who started Unidan( they convert Unimogs into Campers )have come together with Kimberley Kampersto produce this extreme Off Road Camper. I have personally seen this conversion. the Campers are enormous. Unimogs are mainly second ...

Front end alignment

Took my 2017 Jayco Class c to have alignment done today. Told alignment guy wanted caster set at +5 5.5. He said having wonder and constant moving of the wheel and very fatigueing. I said you got it. He said he has done many of them and assured me it...

Power converter putting out too low of voltage

I have a Class-C in a RV Park that pretty much stays in one spot for the last 10 years.I replaced it's Parallax 35 amp power converter with a Progressive Dynamics 9280 which was sort of an overkill for a 23 foot RV. I noticed when my Norcold refrig s...

Andonso by Explorer
  • 39 replies
  • 0 likes

Sprinter Chassis Opinions

Life changes and requirements change and this week we are going to see a Winnebago Era 70A. After spending months at a time on the road in a 36 foot with slide and amenities, we are looking for something to get us "from here to there" (but with amen...

magicbus by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Wire eating mice

Somewhere in the past I read about a solution you could spray into the engine bay on the motor home that mice and other rodents did not like . I've searched the archives with no result. Does anyone have a tip.

Overhead Cap- Exterior?

Looking for ideas to seal the gap between bottom overhead bunk cap and roof of chassis. Don't know why manufacturers do not seal gap from factory but it looks horrible. Hopefully will look aesthetically pleasing and maybe eliminate some wind drag on ...

robleto by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

MH Correct Vacuum Line Actuator Connection?

We have a 2007 Winn Voyage 38J on a Workhorse chassis. We had dash AC problems and got it serviced. Shop says they also had to replace an air box actuator. Good news is air is cold now but doesn't come out where I expect it to. I am wondering if ...

TC_Z by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Need 95 F53 Radiator Replaced in Orange County CA

I have a '95 Fleetwood Southwind on the Ford F53/460 chassis. Although it only has about 32k miles on it the radiator has been leaking slightly for several years. After reviewing several similar posts I guess the radiator has to come out the front. I...

David99 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Thetford Toilet Misbehaving

We have a 2007 Winn MH. It has a Thetford Aqua-Magic Lite toilet. When you press the pedal halfway it used to fill bowl, then all the way flush. But now even with the slightest pressure the waste ball moves and opens. Seems like a linkage problem...

TC_Z by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

LED replacement bulbs with T5 base

Looking to replace the bulbs in our ceiling fixtures with LEDs. Current ones have a T5 base but I can't seem to find out the wattage. Would like to get lower wattage or cooler temp LED's as current ones are way to bright. Does any one know the wattag...