Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Professional repairs

Just for fun. I had my slide seal repaired. A few times. Sometimes you just need it done correctly and professionally. Can you guess which repair was done by me and which repair was done by a professional shop. Extra points if you can guess the rep...

creeper by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Tire help

Hey all!Was puttering around the MH yesterday starting to get it ready for the season (I'm eager, can you tell? LOL), and noticed the following cracks on one of the front tires.I know cracks can be benign, or a sign of something far more serious, dep...

air line

Hi my brother has a 2002 southwind it had a air connector at the very back of the rv. but he dont have any air bags can someone tell me what it is for?

David0725 by Explorer II
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

New Flooring

I was thinking of replacing the tile and carpet in my RV.When I looked at how they were installed, it appears that all the flooring was installed prior to placing the cabinets and slides.So taking up the the old tile and carpet will be difficult.I am...

JCat by Explorer III
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Do you carry a jack? If so what kind.

Have a 30ft Class C on the Ford E450 chassis. It does have a spare tire carried under the coach. While I do have road service available what if I have a flat and don't have cell phone coverage??Now I'm thinking maybe a jack wouldn't be a bad idea. Lo...

LetsRV by Explorer
  • 34 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost transmission dip stick...

Went to check trans level yesterday on my 2004 Holiday Rambler Endeavor (330 Cummins/Allison) and pulled the cap/dip stick...No dip stick, guess it fell off the cap and slid down into the pan. Anyone had this happen? Hoping I can disconnect the tub f...

jtad by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

How Often Do You Trade?

Hello Folks! I trust you are staying warm and getting ready to move for the summer.My sweetie and I have a 2011 Cameo 5th wheel that we enjoy. It is 37ft long and is paid for. We are trying to map out our next few rigs in some thoughtful manner so we...

tomthyme by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

boondocking

This may sound lame that I don't know this , But when not having electricity to plug into should I be able to run off battery power and run things like my TV ? I realize the generator will allow this but is the a 12V to 120 converter built in as well...

bill4103 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Freightliner or Spartan on new 40' Dutch Star

AXLE TAG GVWR GCWR UVW NCC FRTLINER 4.63 10000 47000 62000 36700 10300 SPARTAN 4.78 12000 49000 64000 7300 11700 Both chassis are the same price. Have not had the chance to drive either yet. I do not know...

3882DOUG by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Shower/Bath Tub Maintanence

I have a large shower/bath tub and after 12 years I have noticed that water is leaking out where the glass meets the tub. No problem, I need to re-caulk and seal the leaks.What the bigger issue is, is that the tub has rough surfaces, where the glass...

JCat by Explorer III
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Noisy Dometic Air Conditioner

I've had a 2014 Unity by Leisure since it was new and have always thought the low profile Model 651916 Dometic A.C. was awfully noisy! I mentioned it to the dealer (La Mesa RV) while it was still under warranty and he laughed and said they all are n...

snoopeme by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Wow, just wow, The rv of my dreams

So still sorta poking around about the concept of a B and if it fits our needs and budget over our A. In a recent search, this came up. looks like a winner. link

Effy by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Sub floor

Having carpet replaced and have a soft spot in shower area. the installers are concerned about sub floor. Is it simply plywood? It is a National Tradewinds. Suggestions appreciated, thanks.

SteveSr by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes