Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

starting issues

I have a 2000 Southwind on the F53 platform with a V10, when I tried to start it today the engine turned over but would not stay idling, I tried a couple times and it did the samething. This happened once before and it seemed to correct itself, I jus...

joezuki by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Brake Buddy power

Just got a new vehicle to tow. 2016 Silverado 1500 4x4. It is towable but according to the manual you have to disconnect the negative cable so that the steering column will not lock. This poses a power issue with my brake buddy. Question is, can I po...

Dash Temperature Control: Hot or Cold, no inbetween

Hi,Now that it's a bit chillier, I've noticed the temperature control knob on my dash is almost either full-on hot or full-on cold. There's a few degrees where I can adjust it between the two, but it's only a few degrees of the full rotation of the k...

Class C motorhomes, Do they all leak?

We've been looking for a used Class C motorhome. Every one that we've inspected, has had visible signs of water leakage/damage specially over the cab area. Can't manufacturers find a way to build these without having leakage issues? Frustrating!

rvnetter by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

2008-2011-Class C construction comparison

I just retired and am looking for a 2008-2011 Class C. So far Jayco, Winnebago and Fleetwood look nice in the 29-31 ft range. Has anyone prepared a spreadsheet comparing construction details of these Class C's? I can access the brochures on the websi...

800 hours on an 1987 Onan genset. Rebuild engine?

My 1987 Onan 6700 watt/50amp genset shows just shy of 800 hours use. Nothing's wrong with it so far, just wondering how many hours of use I can expect, before it's going to need a engine rebuild. I know that's subjective to how it's been maintained i...

Opinion on used RV

((Takes deep breath, steps into Class A forum))Hello all...My husband and I are not new to RVing, and currently own a 2015 Jayco Jayflight TT. We are looking at making the jump to a Class A.We show a Great Dane and have been bitten by the Class A bug...

Have any of you guys tinted your cab side windows?

When traveling during the summer, the cab can get hot, so I'm considering tinting the cab side windows.Concern of course is the legality of it in certain states.Have any of you guys tinted your windows, and have you encountered any issues?Thank youm

marc515 by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

E-450 Viberation

I have a 2000 Winibago E-450. I have a bad viberation at 40MPH. It has new tires front and rear. It does not feel like the front, I don't feel it in the steering wheel. Faster then 45MPH it seems to go away. Any ideas what to do?

Sky Deck

I was looking on the net at 2005 Vectra, the listing said it had a Sky Deck for observation? I'm assuming it is on the roof? I looked at the floor plan and it didn't show a Sky Deck! I've been RVing since 1976 and never heard of this term before on a...

Traveling in Iowa and Kansas in January

Hi Guys/Gals,Even though I have had travel trailers since 1998, I have no experience traveling and camping in them in cold weather. Would you recommend a trip to Iowa/Kansas in January and if so, what advice do you have for keeping the water lines fr...

gja1000 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes