Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Hooking up a UK RV in USA

I'm shipping my Autocruise Jazz RV from UK to USA for a 6 month holiday in 2015. In UK I hook up using a standard cable used across Europe for 220 or 240V. Can I get a cable or an adaptor that will allow me to hook up my UK RV to a 110V USA RV site p...

Mdmheath by Explorer
  • 43 replies
  • 0 likes

Different models of Yamaha 2400 inverter generator?

Good morning all, is there or have there been different sub-models of the Yamaha 2400 inverter generator?On the Yamaha site it only shows the one model which is set up for higher starting currents (for AC unit). Which tells me all they have is the o...

touque by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

E450 Jayco no power, no start, possible causes?

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me figure this one out.I have a 2006 Jayco Grayhawk on a Ford E450 Triton V10. Just purchased from private party. It was having issues with the inverter not working, so we found a cable loose in the coach battery compa...

End caps for a Carefree Kover II topper?

Anyone know where I might be able to find replacement end caps for Carefree Kover II toppers? I've search high and low on the net, but no joy. I've found the part numbers, but can't find anyone to sell them to me.I am just about ready to paint a coup...

Dometic Fridge size, replacement chart here

I was browsing through various web pages looking at info about my broken fridge and I came across a chart that lists all the Dometic fridge models, their dimensions, and what the current model is to replace it with.Thought it was rather a handy refer...

Upgrading hydraulic landing gear

I have been having a problem with the cylinders on the landing gear of my Keystone Cambridge. They have both been replaced. When I get a full load and the fresh water tank is full for dry camping, the hydraulic cylinders will not pick the RV up to ...

Beaumont by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Water pump pumping backwards

I was preparing to leave camp so filled the tank and put the valves back in the use position but when I turned on the water pump the water comes out the hose where the fill is no water inside the RV. Worked fine on the trip out, any Ideas?

kg1d_dx by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Ford V10 pinging

I recently started having some trouble with the V10 in my 2006 Damon Daybreak (2005 engine and chassis). It's begun to randomly ping. It happens under a heavy engine load at full throttle. Backing off the throttle stops the pinging and it usually ...

Fantastic Fan Install - UPDATE

I am replacing an existing vent fan with a Fantastic Fan. My question is:Do I need to use butyl tape for the install? A quick response would be nice. It's a sunny day today and great weather to be up on the roof.Thanks in advance.****************...

Electric steps replacement

I tried posting this on the C forum, but not a lot of success. I need to replace the Kwikee Series 38 Electric steps and I'm having a hard time finding them, at a reasonable cost. The RV Parts Supply Co. website shows the steps, but the company hasn'...

chinrv by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Best practice to run an inverter in the tow vehicle.

When we take a long road trip I always have a 300W inverter in the vehicle to keep the portable electronics charged. Typically I plug the inverter into the power port in the dash of the Suburban and run a long corded (6 foot) power strip to the back ...

opnspaces by Navigator II
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Inverter not accepting A/C power-advice?

Plugged into shore power; 2000 watt inverter not accepting power. Pushed reset button on inverter, not tripped. Also checked circuit breaker for inverter/charger-was not tripped. Inverter not allowing any power to outlets or microwave when turned ...

navvets by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Gas cap problem

Why does my “gas cap off” light come on. Gas cap is on right, and the light came on, OK time for a new gas cap. Old cap looks good, but OK we’ll get another and see, maybe rubber gasket is bad. Put on new gas cap, after about 3 min “gas cap” ligh...

path1 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Onan 5500 wont start ... runs ok once going

My Onan 5500 wont start anymore. Been messing with it and figured out it is rich/not getting enough air. Have it narrowed down that if I slide the intake butterfly position lever so that it is open a bit more it starts. If the butterfly is open all t...

twvette by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Range recepticle question ( stick house, not RV)

We have a rental apt. that has been empty for awhile. We picked up a used electric range ( don't know if it works or not) and I plugged it in, the indicator lights on the range work when you turn on the burners and/or the oven, but nothing gets hot....

JoeH by Explorer III
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes