Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Test Method PWM vs MPPT ?

I might get a chance to compare MPPT with my PWM on the set of two 100w panels. I get 12.6 (Isc) now with PWM so that is the "standard"I was thinking of a quick connect set-up to swap controllers in place, and also to run the two 100s as 12v like no...

BFL13 by Explorer II
  • 49 replies
  • 0 likes

loose awning

My Carefree awing is loose on one end. What I mean by this is when it is rolled up you can pull it away from the wall around 3/4 inch. Only on one side. Any ideas on a fix? PJMAX:?Moved to Tech Issues forum from DIY.

PJMAX by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Shop towel source

Just inspected and packed the wheelbearings on our trailer.I used cheap Walmart bathroom washcloths @ $4.00 for 18 white terry cloth ones.I think they worked very well and I plan to buy more.

rx2tee by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Banks Stinger System

I was wondering if anyone has either installed or thought about installing the Banks Stinger System on the Ford Triton V-10 362hp engine? Is it worth the install for the performance gains? Not worth the money?

dometic rm 2804 will not cool

I just purchase a older travel trailer that has sat and sat and sat for 20 yrs. all of the systems worked after I cleaned them up except for the fridge it was caked with dirt dobber nest from top to bottom. I have cleaned them out and checked all the...

jwcox903 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

2013 montana 3750fl

We are at a campground. One A/C is working the other one will not turn on. It has 50amp but the campground only has 30amp. Any suggestions would be helpful.Thanks

johnktm by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

A/C Capacitor Problems

Well, I am five days into RV ownership and I have a problem with my A/C compressor not coming on. The thermostat will kick the fan on, but compressor will not start.I had this same thing happen to my Dad's 5'er a few years ago so I immediately went ...

Installing a backup camera, need help

I bought a backup camera and monitor for my truck. Have installed everything, but need to run the wires to the power source on my truck to power up the monitor and camera which I mounted on the rear bumper of my truck. I am at a total loss when it ...

Fantastic fan problem

We have a Fantastic fan with thermostat and rain sensor. I went to turn it on the other night and the cover opens when I move the thermostat switch, but the fan doesn't turn on.Any ideas what could be causing this?Thanks,Fred Wishnie

luvglass by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Black tank smell

On this camping trip, I've been having an issue with the smell coming from the black water tank. When the toilet is flushed, the smell comes into the RV. We've been RV'ing for 5+ years and I've never had this issue. I'm hoping if I fill the tank ful...

blowing 12 volt fuses

ok it's the main fuse that's on the outside 12 camper battery. camper was ok for 2 days in the driveway, walked in side camper. fridge light is... check fuse on outside 12 camper battery, try new fuse it blows out. ok turn off all 120 volt breake...

kennyzzz by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Onan won't start

4kyfa26100jwill not start or very rarely give a single fire.compression is 100 psi after 10 rev'saltitude adjustment is 2 1/2 turns out from bottomspark is solidhow much fuel should i see out of the spark hole when starting?seems to starts little, th...

Dometic Fridge Won't Run on AC

I replaced my board several yrs ago with a Dinosaur P-711 due to a propane igniter issue. My son moved into it for about 6 months. As he's out now I'm going through the camper and found that the fridge won't start on AC. When you turn it on, the ligh...