Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Generator Shutdown - Weid Event

Ok, I am brand new to this RV and mobile home thing. My dad had a 5th wheel but I never really used it. We just purchased a 2017 Thor Challenger 37YT. We have had it parked at the house the last few days learning the systems and putting stuff in it...

bsheet2 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Auto Generator Start

I have a 2017 Bighorn with a factory installed Onan 5500 genset. I am looking for a simple plug and play solution to start the generator in the event of a shore power failure. I do not need to maintain batteries as we never boon dock but simply want ...

Spring from chassis to slide out

I have a 2016 Coleman 1805rb light travel trailer. I had a tire blow out And damaged the spring assembly that holds the electrical wire that run off the camper to the slide out. I just need someone to point out a part# or where I can purchase this sp...

Norcold 8421 seals

We have a 15 year old Norcold 8421 that needs new door seals. Seems that the door are dis-continued and not available any more. Anyone replaced those seals with some other type of seal? If so what did you use, how did you attach them.. Any help appre...

awning light clips

we have plastic light clips for awning, can we leave clips on awning while rolled in? or do we need to uninstall & install every time?thanks

Solar Panel Venting

For the flexible flat solar panels how are you venting them (getting air circulation under)?I previously had mine just taped directly to the roof with Eternabond tape. This worked fine.The panels really should have air flow under to keep them cooler...

ajriding by Explorer II
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solar charge controller weird voltage reading

Hello,I have 2 x solar panels installed. Each with 25V and 3,7 amps.The solar charge controller is called "CMT 30" and is supposed to be PWM. Now, if I read the voltage on the controller on the solar connection I see a value of about 12.7 Volt when t...

Sundance 241BH - Black water tank fell out

Hey Folks,Got a new 2018 Sundance 241BH. We picked it up a few weeks ago and just finished up our first trip. We drove from the Toronto area down to Cape Canaveral Fl. In total 5050km including some driving around down there not hooked up. The first ...

bedpan by Explorer
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery or no battery????????

I have a Jayco Hummingbird 17MBS. I realized that every campground we want to stay has full hookup. (Power, Water, Sewer). So im curious....do I HAVE TO HAVE a battery? We do not plug in to shore power a few days ahead to get the fridge going. Even i...

BobaFett by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

Harbor Freight 100 Watt Solar Kit

Looking for input on Harbor Freights 100 watt solar kit. A question I have is each kit comes with a controller if you put two kits together could you get by with one controller?

1L243 by Explorer II
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Air Conditioning Problems

We are experiencing tripld digit/high 90s heat. Although the controls are set on 68 or so, the coach will no cool down below around 82. Any ideas on a solution?GM

Dicor Diseal tape

Anybody ever use this stuff? I found a couple of spots where my TT roof looks like it is wearing through on the edge. I read lots of reviews on it and probably 98% were positive.I'm going to give it a try this weekend.

What size battery charger???

Bought a 12v 18Amp battery to operate my mobility lift on the back of my truck.. Looking for a small battery charger to recharge the battery after 5 or 6 uses.... Have a big 12v charger for the garage but don't really want to carry that around when w...

joelyn by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes