Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Dead short solved - long

When I opened the bedroom slide, the power to the washer/dryer would pop the circuit, and last winter we finally resorted to an extension cord for the washer and left the circuit off. So today was time to find the short.The washer drains through the...

Lar_s by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Since Technical Resources Is Unresponsive...

Garmin 010-01539-01 DriveSmart 50LMT GPS Navigator $85.00 refurbishedIt says it has voice instructionsBut I have bad hearingHow LOUD does the volume adjust to? I'll try and give an example.With all windows open on a busy city boulevardCould a "normal...

That Burning Smell

Well, at about 2 AM we woke up to an awful "ozone" electrical burning smell. We could not locate the source. The smell returned at about 0900. Again, we could not find the source. We thought maybe the electric WH. Since we were leaving soon and ...

Amp L Start

I have a question about Amp L Start wiring connection.Two positive wires will connected one each to positive side of chassis and House battery.While ground wire will be grounded.Now I want to install Amp L Start under the hood near chassis battery an...

bill257 by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Looking for battery controls

I’m about to take the plunge into solar, lithium batteries and residential fridges... I’m giving up on my dometic N811 fridge, it cools too slow - it keeps shutting down on propane - I’m paranoid about leveling... etc. I have a rear kitchen - fridge ...

Wheel skirt

The wheel skirt on one side of the trailer is bending in the centre so it is between the wheels. Any ideas on how to pull it back out.

Preferred Propane Regulator

The Camco regulator I installed about 4 years ago is putting out low pressure, so I'm in the market for a new one. Time was that the Cavagna regulator was considered to be the best available, but recent Amazon reviews seem to indicate that's no longe...

Joe_Way by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Refrigerator wont stay lit

I just bought a low mileage 2014 Navion 24J with Norcold refrig. The fridge is part of the slide-out and works great on electric and gas . When I switch to gas, it works great until I extend the slide- out, then both lights blink. I can extend slide ...

FIC tongue jack switch

I have a FIC tongue jack. The switch only allows it to go down,not up.I have tried to find a new one but haven't found anything. Any of you have any suggestions on where I can get the part?

Battery? Solenoid?

Boondocking. Twelve month old batteries are losing charge overnight. The only thing running is the refrigerator (2 way) using propane. Not enough power to turn on generator in the AM. Solenoid is hot to the touch. Thoughts?

TLV by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

LED Light Strip Installation

We are considering installing an LED light strip just under the new Dometic 9100 power awning. The installation seems fairly easy except where to get the power. I would like to hook it up directly to a 12 volt source. I am wondering what others have...

gmg by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

hot brake

I have 1 drum brake that stops hotter than the other 3. I replaced all seals because of grease leakage. Hot brake was greaseier. I cleaned better than others. Do I need to clean other 3 better? Do I need to lubricate magnet on hot one? Or what? Thank...

bowebow by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes