Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Boiling point of anti freeze

I flushed and refilled my trucks radiator today. I noted on the bottle that a 50/50 solution of antifreeze/water will result in a 256 degree boiling point. This piqued my curiosity so I did a little research. In reality 50/50 antifreeze only raise...

joshuajim by Explorer II
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Correct voltage for 50 amp service

Hooking up a power supply for 50 amp service.Does it supply 220 volts to panel? 2 pole breaker.Is so when reduced down to 30 amp single pole breaker how does both side of panel get power?I am just having difficulty visioning this.I want to hook up se...

Toolguy5 by Explorer II
  • 83 replies
  • 0 likes

Repairing A/C, Leaked All Refrigerant

Have a lightly used Coleman Mach that I replaced after only a couple years (It actually began dying the first year). It sprung a leak shortly after I purchased the camper, and all the make-it-cold stuff eventually came out. I've looked around and fou...

joeshmoe by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

stripped screws on awning attachment

I recently noticed a screw protruding from the flange holding awning to sidewall. I tried tightening it and found it to be stripped along with 3 or 4 others. There is a 1/4" aluminum backplate behind the fiberglass that is supposed to support the awn...

richy2 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Onan 5BGE Generator stops running..will not restart

I know there have discussions on this before and the one I would like to chase is the oil pressure safety switch can not locate it. Gen had been running for about 20 minutes all of a sudden it stopped. When I checked the oil level it was near the b...

JD38 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery Adventures Labor Day Weekend

Yeah I paid $103 on 14 October 2014 for a calcium calcium group 34 engine starting battery. Had no choice -- an LTH battery was 155 miles distant."I wonder if someone has improved upon the life of a wonder fully sealed calcium calcium battery?"Short ...

Repairing roofs

The roof on my RV is soft in a spot, and the obvious fix done the right way would to replace the wood under the roofing.When I look and read about it, the videos and write ups make it seem simple. Pretty much just peel the rubber roof back, unscrew t...

Barry_J by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Woke up to a warm RV again. UPDATED

It was the breaker. 38’ DP, Coleman 15K about a little over a year old. Has been used often over the last year. This is the front AC.Woke up this AM and the breaker was popped. Flipped it and it started up and is running fine for over an hour now.It ...

Fridge Issue

I have a 2013 Redwood 36RL with the Dometic double door fridge. The refrigerator has an internal fan that runs most of the time that it's in operation (propane or electric) but does turn off occasionally. Today it started "short cycling" on and off e...

quasi by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Power Window not working

This past weekend my power window in the drivers door of the motorhome stopped functioning. Fortunately it was in the "up" position. It is a 2005 Winnebago Voyage with a Workhorse engine. (W22) A few days earlier a quick rainstorm came in the op...

JL7456 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Champion 4000 watt open frame inverter genertaor

Model #100302 No sexy looking plastic exterior. Looks like your typical small job site generator. Only about 2 lbs (dry ?) more than the 3400 watt model (it does have a larger engine and fuel tank). Specs say it is a bit louder (64.0?dBA vs 59.0?...