Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Suburban DSI Water Heater Q

Hey allAbout 3 days the electric element on the wh quit working.Started troubleshooting today.There is an on/ off toggle switch which was frozen, so hubby took it out and the wires were burnt. Cleaned wires up, tied them together, and the electric el...

Onan Generator stalling when driving fix.

I have a Onan 7000 that was giveing me nothing but trouble for 2 years. I changed the oil. And it would randomly stalll when going down the road. So I after trying a lot of fix’s on it. I gave up and took it out replacing it with a small 3500 watt mo...

MPPT controller recommendations

I purchased four of these 100 watt panels from Home Depot.https://www.homedepot.com/p/Grape-Solar-100-Watt-Polycrystalline-Solar-Panel-for-RV-s-Boats-and-12-Volt-Systems-GS-Star-100W/204211365I figured at 89 cents per watt and free shipping it was ti...

Clearview HDTV Antenna

I just read an article about how great the clearview hdtv antenna is and how it is better than cable or satellite. Further it could be free for seniors. Does anybody know anything this?

Elwoodj by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

Modifying under cap entertainment components

Looking at purchasing a 2007 24 ft Class C BT Cruiser with only 19,000 miles. Looks in perfect shape for $28,500. NADA comes in about $38,000. However I have never liked and really have no use for an entertainment system sitting under the cap. Would ...

Etrnabond Tape

I am heading to both Home Depot and Lowes today. In what aisle is the Etrnabond tape found? I hate searching the whole darned store when I go to these places. TIA, Ed

Hot water heater too hot

I was getting too much hot water in comparison to last season. I’ve changed the thermostats, and made sure the air pocket was replaced. Still heating too hot. I used to shower with only the hot water on.. now I have the cold water on full at the s...

johnsobc by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

96 rexhall dometic fridge shuts off

Dometic fridge lights and stays lit for about 1 minute.. gas valve clicks and fridge shuts down...cleaned the burner tube and orifice ...replaced thermocouple last year..didnt help..just replace board and although the flame seems to stay lit a tad lo...

Mmtbpz by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

RV Construction

Anyone who has followed my post know that I am quite opinionated especially on RV construction and the short cuts/cost cuts various manufactures take.Over in a different part of this forum, I ran across this image of a Coachmen Freedom Express expose...

SurgeGuard 41620, auto transfer switch, schematics?

Im looking for a wiring diagram for a surge-guard 41620 automatic transfer switch. ive tried their website but had no luck finding a wiring diagram for this model.. does anyone have a manual or website that would show me the proper way it should be w...

portable rv waste pump

bought a flojet macerator - portable and expected to get directions on how to hook it up. Just 2 bags of wires one with a controler and one that's a wire harness. Now what do I do??

Play/slop in unloaded leaf spring hangers?

I'm building a trailer and picked up some used removable leaf springs/hangers/axles. There seems to be quite a bit of side to side play when it's just sitting uninstalled/unloaded and its got me thinking that it would cause the trailer to tilt side t...