Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Fresh Water problems are they related, help!

The water pump was noisy (didn't want to shut off after turned on faucet) - yes there was water in the water tank. Then it wouldn't pumpA. We unhooked the line to the tank & put the line from the pump into a pail of water and the water pump worked f...

Hankjoe by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Securing Honda 2000

A friend had his eu3000 stolen during hurricane Irma, what a painful loss. I'm heading to a college tailgate next weekend and was going to bring the Honda. Made me wonder, what is the best way to secure the gen? At some point, I can turn it off and...

tealboy by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

New Surge Protector or Leave It Alone?

Our 2000 Winnebago Chieftain 35U has an OEM PI EMS-HW30B surge protector. I spoke to tech support which couldn't provide an owner's manual because the threw them all away when they moved... and was told the "B" hasn't been manufactured in more than ...

Power Supply Protection - Inrush (very nerdy)

Adequate protection means a two-step process. Limitation ramping of AC inrush current in conjunction with a delay-on-make DC relay load isolator. Starts off with load isolation, when softened inrush is complete, switching of DC output.Objective: Sign...

Trailer brake control

Anyone using the Prodigy P-2 brake control?If you use the hand lever to activate the trailer brakes only, do your brake lights come on?Thanks,Dusty

Dusty_R by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Hot water not flowing through any faucets

Motorhome faucets throughout discharge good cold water. Trouble I'm trying to resolve is hotwater will not flow through faucets. I have an Atwood water heater that is just 2 yrs old. W/T is working perfectly. Just cannot get hotwater to flow continua...

jjdsr1 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Water Heater when draining leaks into trailer

I am going to do my best to describe the situation, so please bear with me.When I pull the rod out of my water heater to drain, the outside edge of the flashing used to house the water heater is diverting water back into the trailer onto the floor un...

Do U have Large Solar Panel Problems?

Looking to replace small 12v PV panels with 60 cell 24v panels that are often in the 3' x 5' size.Has anyone had problems with large panels committing suicide from bouncing around, flexing too much, weak frames, too much heat on rubber roof... anythi...

redramer by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Slight drip at pex fitting to water pump hose?

As the title states. The flexible hose that comes from the water water pump that connects to the pex line fitting keeps dripping slightly. It drips more when it cooler out than when it's warm. I figured it was because of aging so bought a new hose 3/...

Lippert Slide-Out extends but does not retract

Road Warriors,I have a new to me 2007 HR Alumascape 5th Wheel. It has Lippert through frame electric slide outs. My living room slide will slide out fine but when I try to retract it nothing happens (I press the switch and nothing, the motor doesn'...

AV8_Tuna by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

History Of Auto A/C cut n paste Hoot

Before air conditioning became universal, the only way for drivers to cool off was what some old-timers in Tennessee called 'four and 60.'That's short for 'all four windows down and 60 mph.' In the early days, it seemed as though driving fast with th...

What kind of battery's

My friend asked me to post and check on wich batteries would be best for him. He has a 30' travel trailer it has 2 lead acid batteries on it now. Next summer he is going to be camp host for 4 months in Wyoming. Totally boondocking, with champion ge...