Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Soaking Onan Carb in Acetone?

Assuming I do a tear down and remove the seals/plastics, has anyone had good or bad experiences with small engine carbs and acetone?I've got what I suspect is a gummed carb on my Onan 4K, after it had an unexpected time out where I couldn't exercise ...

lane_hog by Explorer II
  • 58 replies
  • 0 likes

THE HORROR . .. .. . THE HORROR. ... . . THE HORROR

So, the level indicator for my black tank seems to have two indications; 3/4 full or full. Even if I drain the tank, the monitor still shows 3/4 full. I can look straight down the toilet and see that the bottom of the tank is not covered with . . .. ...

storing glassware

How do you store your glassware for travel? Wine, martini, water and tea glasses so that they won't rattle or break..

hikerman by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

CAT Service

Just a note to my northeast neighbors. I took the Sahara to Milton CAT in Milford MA for a scheduled valve adjustment on the 3126. While it was there, I had them do the lube and oil service and replace both drive belts. They went above and beyond in ...

Dissolving Silicone Sealer?

@#$%^&! lights. Glass Fresnel dome lens. Countersunk into aluminum housing. No way to do a tight 90 degrees (1/32") with a knife.I need to DISSOLVE the blue silicone sealant someone so unwisely sealed the lens with. It's a counter-clockwise turn to u...

Winegard Woes

My Wingard antenna crank handle is all of a sudden is turning when I adjust the directional bezel? It won't turn if I hold the handle. I haven't had a chance to investigate the cause as of yet but does anyone have a tip as to where to look first? Als...

What is this slideout part for?

This is on one of the slide shafts in our TT. What is it's purpose? It is adjustable but has no jamb nut and can freely rotate. Is it a stop to prevent the slide from going in too far or is it a seal to prevent rodents and insects getting in the u...

Painting fiberglass top -- good or bad?

Should I reject a used fiberglass top for my van if it is (newly) painted? I worry that the flexing of the fg will cause the paint to fail, and that it will be expensive / a lot of work to redo. The top is in awesome shape, but the wrong color. Shou...

Naio by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Shureflo pumps overheating,.....but not really.

I replaced a pump that under restricted flo, would thermally shut down for 1 minute,...... while 1/2 way thru a shower. checking it, it was hardly warm to the touch.After 2 years, the replacement is doing the same thing.A call to shureflo, didn't hel...

Inverter for Whynter mini freezer

What inverter would you recommend to run a Whynter 2.1 cu ft mini freezer while towing?Model # CUF-210ssahttps://www.amazon.com/Whynter-CUF-210SS-Energy-Upright-Freezer/dp/B00G23MKL6Input Power 75WRated Current 0.88AWe have 2 12v batteries in our 5th...

sidney by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Filling potable water tank? SOLVED

New to me Coachman (See signature) and I can't find how to tell when the tank is full. Yes I know about the inside gauge that shows levels of all tanks but when outside how do I know when to turn off the water as I don't want to burst a pipe inside?...

Question about RDS gravity feed Aux Tank

Hello to All,1st, thanks in advance for taking time to read my post. I have a 51 gallon RDS alum tank that I purchased new from NTool about 10 years ago. Used it regularly while traveling with my 2009 D/A 2500. However, have not been on any long trip...

gat75 by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Beaver Monterey 1997 electrical problems

I have a 1997 Beaver Monterey with electrical problems. First I would like to know if anybody has an electrical schematic for that model. Second I have a heart interface Freedom 20D inverter. I have been having a multitude of problems. One is when I ...

ancient norcold door seal?

Over the years I have saved $$ by having an older 5wheel, however now when I need a few parts its going to catch up. (maybe)Has anyone had any luck locating older parts for norcold fridges?I wish to locate a door seal for a norcold 600 series spec...

dobbr by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

ABS Module/Pump

So my ABS Pump is leaking on my motorhome. I have searched eBay, Googled and several salvage yards.. I have the 2000 Ford F53 V10 and there are no posts for parts. Are there any parts interchangeable between the other Ford F Series line that might...

wjptech by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes