Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Low Voltage Cutoff

Is there a device available which disconnects the batteries from the load when the voltage drops to a certain level? I know how easy it is to leave something on and kill the battery bank. Quite harmful.

TomG2 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Which A/C setting?

Ducted 15K Coleman Mach in a 30' 5'er. Is it more efficient to have the fan on constantly and let the compressor cycle, or have them both cycle together? Thinking in terms of temperature fluctuations and energy consumption. Thanks in advance.

onan spark arrester

Has anyone had any experience on cleaning/servicing the spark arrester on an ONAN QD8000 generator? I know it needs done, but i just cant seem to find the location of the brass plug that needs to be removed and the procedure to clean it out. Any help...

RV Satellite choices--Direct or Dish

Have read many controversial comments about Dish Network and them not honoring the requested local stations at where one is going. Would like some feedback on the quality of service provided by Dish and Direct. Am considering a portable on stand and ...

philnoah by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

fridge issue

I am having an issue with my fridge in my camper. On AC it works great. Temps right where they should be (37degrees). When I switch to propane it can't hold the cooler temps and climbs to about 46 degress. This is with the outside temps in the...

maxum1989 by Explorer II
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Hot water tank plug never seen one like this

We bought a new to us travel trailer with an Atwood hot water heater.Instead of the normal nylon drain plug they have a galvanized square plug on itFor the life of me I can't get it off it seems to be rusted on and tough to get a grip with channel ...

jarata1 by Explorer
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

Tire inflator with auto shutoff

Does anyone know of a good quality tire inflator that allows you to set the desired PSI then automatically shut off when that PSI is reached? There are some cheap ones on Amazon but in reading the notes some people say that with RV and truck tires it...

jeffcarp by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Onan quality going down????

I have 7 motorhomes currently, 6 with Onan gensets, 3 4KY bought brand new aprox 1 year ago, 2 4KY 2007 with ~1300 hours and 1 2012 5.5K with 500 hours.I have had motorhome for 15 years, normally they gensets have been pretty good, up until now. In t...

map40 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Replacing black water cable valve

I have a slow leak from my black water tank valve. Local RV shop says $400+ to replace.This is a 2010 Montana. I have done some looking around and have found many videos showing how to replace a valve, but, they have been all straight pull valves.Any...

30/50 amp vs. adding the second optional ac unit

So going down to South Carolina again and while the main ac unit works fine here in ND we decided to get the second ac unit installed. 5vr in my signature comes "factory ready" for a second ac and a washer/dryer unit.Here is the question, the 5vr is...

Fan Operation: Ducted vs. Non-ducted a/c

Just purchased a new 5r with two a/c's. The ducted a/c unit cycles the fan off when the compressor cycles off. The non-ducted, bedroom a/c unit functions like every non-ducted unit I've ever used---the fan runs constantly. Any particular reason wh...

otrfun by Explorer II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery terminals question

I need to buy a battery for my rv.Do I hook it up with a ring terminal and if so what size ring,or do I use a regular terminal connector.Also where do you buy your batteries and which ones do you buy

jarata1 by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Dometic refrigerator noise

After a month on the road in 2015 Montana. For the first time, The fridge is making a noise every 10 minutes or so, sounding like a fan cyclng on for a minute or so. It is not converter noise..that is located elsewhere. It happens on both LP and elec...

Kudos to Lippert

Just want to compliment Lippert's Customer Service for the excellent support that I was provided when their Level Up system on my 5th wheel was giving me trouble.I purchased the trailer in Dec 2014, and in August 2015 the Level Up touch pad (controll...