Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

automatic leveling system on fifth wheel

just got my unit out of storage. hit the auto level button and unit leveled. the only problem is the stablizer jacks did not operate. it is a Lippert system. any susgestions or has anyone had this problem.

amxguy by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Why is my inverter freaking out?

I have a 1500watt HF MSW.I don't use it often, so I am not acquainted will all of its oddities.Last year I tried to use it with my 65w fridge at it would not work (alarm sounded). Although it had no problem with 300w electric heater! I upsized the ca...

Naio by Explorer
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

Receptical tester work on GFCI

I've been fixing electrical problems today and found a bad GFCI receptical. I replaced it and when I used this tester on it:LinkIt tripped the GFCI as soon as I plugged it in. I noticed that the Sperry brand tester says it tests GFCI. Do one of these...

agesilaus by Explorer III
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Can I add a filter to my van's AC/fan?

It's old enough to have no cabin filter. But I have allergies, and so I just never use the fan and AC. This is not very fun, and I would like to rig up some sort of filtering mechanism instead.Are there aftermarket filters? Or can I just cut up a ...

Naio by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Thermostat ticking

When I turn on furnace on my coleman mach thermostat it starts ticking as long as the burner is going the moment the burner goes off the ticking stops. What do y'all think is the problem? It drives us crazy. Please help.

1999 Ford E350 timing belt replacement. ?

With 75,000 miles on my Ford E350 Super Duty V10 I was wondering about timing belt replacement recommendations? I looked in my maintenance book and there is no mention of timing belt replacements? Don't they have timing belts ?Also, with 75,000 mi...

John_S2 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Hitch moans and groans

I have an Equalizer WDH with the friction style anti sway bars with retaining pins vice hanging chains. Works very well. But when slow maneuvering in turns it makes some very loud annoying creaks and moans. I have grease every surface and it helps. B...

Positive ground pwm controller

I see that some of the starter solar kits have positive ground controllers. Are they okay to use on trailer batteries that have the more common negative ground? Any special concerns?

TomG2 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Contaminated fresh water tank.

Yesterday I poured a clear glass of water from the fresh water tank.When held up to the light I could see a lot of particulate matter floating around in it.It looked much like a snow-globe but not nearly as thick.Pretty gross!So I drained the fresh w...

Diamond plate replacement

Last summer i had a tire tread hit my travel trailer amd dented the diamond plate on it. about the size of a soccer ball. I am not looking to take it off and trying to pound out the dent, but i was thinking of getting a new piece ans just screwing ...

Cb radio question

I'm new to this converter/inverter technology.The DW and I are gonna be living in a tt full time in a park.How can or would you install a 12volt cb radio in a tt ? I dont know if there are batteries in the tt yet as we won't be there till April 1 st....

lubricating slide outs

Does anyone have any idea about how to lubricate slide outs on a 2006 tiffin zephyr? It is sealed up and I can't figure out how to do it